Who is getting a new iPhone?

Posted by: margadagio

Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 11:55 AM

Besides me. [big grin]<br><br>My daughter and I are getting up early and heading over to our local iPhone store. If there's a huge line-up, we walk away. If not, we walk out with a pair of shiny new iPhones.<br><br>Even if we're not lucky on the 11th, I'll be the proud owner soon. I can't wait!!!!<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 12:05 PM

Not me. <br><br>I just can't pay any more to AT&T. Would push my monthly bill over $100/month and that's too much for me.<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 12:26 PM

I can no longer pretend to anyone that I'm 'content' to wait a couple of months. I may not be able to get hold of one soon, but I'm going to try... I'll be in Taunton tomorrow morning, and I'm sort of banking on there not being too many people around here who think it's cool. But if I get one, it'll be a couple of days before I'm back with my mac and can exploit the sync factor - maybe by then the worst of the initial bugs will have surfaced .<br><br>Incidentall,y I'm already on O2 and paying nearly as much for a third of the functionality on a crap phone that tries to talk to my mac in glazarbian. I'm so looking forward to simplicity of syncing.<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 12:39 PM

You mean you Mac isn't fluent in glazarbian? Sheesh! <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 12:43 PM

I'm getting 2 of them!!! Yippee! Yahoo! Yowza!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>... when Rogers can meet my Bell Mobility rates.<br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 12:50 PM

It's gonna be a zoo around here, I'm afraid. Canada didn't get very much of a shipment for tomorrow. I'm not about to get into a fist fight over an iPhone so I'll be cautious. <br><br>Thank goodness our cell carrier caved in to the loud protests. They would have been facing angry customers protesting instead of happy customers shelling out plenty of money.<br><br> I'm getting a fairly good deal, IMO.... for Canada, that is. I'll be out of pocket $65/month. ouch!! I currently have a cell phone for $27/month but my cheapie phone only makes phone calls. Imagine that? <br><br>

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 12:54 PM

Dream on. <br><br>It's the data, man... it's the data. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 01:01 PM

If I can get a second job to pay the monthly fees to AT&T, I'll get one. Otherwise, I'll be getting an iPod Touch and sticking with my relatively cheap cell phone from Verizon.<br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 01:52 PM

No iPhone for me! <br>I'm tied to Verizon. <br>They offer better service/coverage (cheaper) in my neck o' the woods.<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 02:06 PM

I still can't afford one and I still wouldn't be able to use all of its features. Maybe when they become so common as to be offered as a free phone upgrade. <br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 02:53 PM

I'd like one, but I'm tied to Verizon until January. So I'll have to sit and wait to see if any changes occur before then.<br><br>
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 05:52 PM

"Ain't nuthin' goin' on but the rent." - James Brown<br><br>In other words... NO.<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 06:12 PM

I don't blame you, John... <br><br>that extra $10 makes a lot of BEER !! <br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 06:35 PM

$10? we are talking $40 a month. <br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: carp

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 08:51 PM

[color:blue]They offer better service/coverage (cheaper) in my neck o' the woods.</font color=blue> - sadly they offer no iPhone <br><br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 09:11 PM

I'm getting a 16GB. My landline is $30/month and my long distance is about the same. A cell phone will replace both, for a final cost of $10/month! Maybe less if I can use it to wrangle a better deal on my AT&T DSL.<br><br>And I'll wait a month: I'll be able to get the iPhone $70 cheaper then. Equivalent, then, to getting the 16GB for $229.<br><br>It will be a loooooong month. I'd have so many uses for this, it was hard enough making myself not get the 1st gen!<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net
Posted by: carp

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/10/08 09:29 PM

I ditched my land line years ago and went with only Cell , just did not make sense to pay 2 bills. Then the company I work for now provides me with a cell phone , I have NOT seen a phone bill in years<br><br>Then when granddaughter came of age , I subscribed for cable service and for some reason that online service did not play well with the phones we bought for it ?? was just crappy - anyway canceled that service so back to no phone bills.<br><br>

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 03:23 AM

I'll be heading out in less than 2 hours to see how the lineup is at my local cellular store. It's pouring rain and thunderstorm now so many will be staying home, except for the diehards.<br><br>Shipments to Canada are VERY small. The iPhone will sell out in a couple of hours. If I don't get one today I can be patient. My daughter on the other hand.... geez, she is really excited. This is her birthday and Christmas gift rolled into one.<br><br>
Posted by: DavidDraiman

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 08:42 AM

I went today and they were sold out. i waited until the 10:00am shipment arrived but they said they couldn't sell it to tomorrow...<br><br>so i have a brand new 16gb, white iPhone 3G waiting for me when i show up around noon tomorrow. :-)<br><br>

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 12:28 PM

It's sheer chaos in Canada. Rogers servers can't handle the load. I was third in line and managed to get 1 white and 1 black 16 GB but I don't actually have them yet. The staff still can't get into the company server so my iPhones are sitting on a shelf with the paperwork ready to be processed.<br><br>Quantities were extremely low. My store had 7, 16GB and 5, 8 GB iPhones. Some shops had half that amount. Insane.<br><br>
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 03:20 PM

I had one (still in the box) in my hands at the local Fido store! I could have (and almost did) walked out of there with one!<br><br>...But the whole computer system was down, they told me they would have to activate it manually by phone, but that there was at least a 1/2h to an hour wait before anyone would get through... so I walked out after waiting only 15 minutes, saying I would return on either Monday or Tuesday when they would "very likely" be recieving a new shipment. <br><br>ALL THE BETTER in the end, as it will give me the weekend to sleep on it; as, do I REALLY want to give Fido/Rogers almost 90$ each month?<br><br><br>My Wii: 5721 8516 7937 9434 (PM me if you Wii)

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 03:30 PM

You know you want it. <br><br>Rogers central server is still down. No call yet to go pick them up. Looks like tomorrow now. <br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 03:33 PM

Rogers has just made the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that all iPhones purchased on 7/11/2008 will be ready for pickup on 4/1/2009 <br><br> My Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 03:55 PM

NOT FUNNY <br><br>
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 04:04 PM

So I guess Microsoft bought Rogers!<br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -
Posted by: DLC

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 04:41 PM

"$10? we are talking $40 a month. "<br><br><br>damm... 4 cases of beer !!!<br><br>that's OUTRAGEOUS !!!<br><br>damm Rogers !! <br><br>David (OFI)

Re: Who is getting a new iPhone? - 07/11/08 04:44 PM

4 cases of beer?! more like 2!<br><br><br><br>my photos