WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone

Posted by: DLC

WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/28/08 10:37 AM

Well they appear neat... much better deal than the iPhone 1.0...<br><br>SO I thought maybe I'd wait til Jan or next year to upgrade... mine is fine.<br><br>Then today we had to go to an AT&T store to upgrade my wife's 4 yr old phone. Battery died - won't recharge and to replace just the battery is $45.<br>So we figured time to upgrade. they had a real nice LG Shine $200 phone for $49 after rebate and 2 yr contact. Because of my son's and my iPhones -we're not changing carriers any time soon.<br><br>The LG Shine is 3G and comes with 2 antennas for better reception. The 1st antenna will pick up the closest 3 towers and the 2nd antenna is the 3G tower... so not only do you get 3G capability for internet, but just general phone call service is better. I checked at home where our reception is poor (trees block signal and we're in a slight depression) and sure enough my iPhone 0-1-2 bars... my wife's new LG Shine is 3 ! <br><br>Puts a whole new perspective on the new iPhone for me... <br><br>Well.... here's A-nother fine mess you got me into !! <br><br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/28/08 02:30 PM

You made Steve cry. I hope you're proud of yourself.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/28/08 07:09 PM

"I have NOTHING.. to say !!" <br><br>{nods head}<br><br><br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/28/08 08:35 PM

Perhaps this new iPhone 3G will have better reception?<br><br>And when are you all going to go back to Taco Mac?? <br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/28/08 09:03 PM

Depends on when you're coming back. Actually, I'd like to try some of those other places around there. That British pub place is supposed to be good. Can't remember the name of it.<br><br>

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/29/08 05:48 PM

Yeah I'm with Mike... there's plenty of new territory there...<br><br>so many beers .... so little time !! <br><br>you all com' on back,. ya hear ? <br><br>we gotta get Bird and Larry to join us next time.<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: margadagio

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/29/08 05:54 PM

I think it's great you have your group down there. If only there was a way the 2 groups could get together..... sigh<br><br>

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/29/08 07:36 PM

Next time, we'll fire up the iChat and you can join us.<br><br>
Posted by: SacredBovine

Be thankful you're not in Canuckistan - 06/30/08 02:45 AM

Have a look at what Margadagio will be enjoying soon...<br><br>http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/06/27/rogers.iphone.3g.plans/&startNumber=20<br><br><br><br>

Re: Be thankful you're not in Canuckistan - 06/30/08 03:15 AM

No I won't. I'm not a sucker. <br><br>

Re: WHY I'm reconsidering upgrading my iPhone - 06/30/08 03:16 AM

I like your iChat idea. Perhaps we can organize something.<br><br>

Re: Be thankful you're not in Canuckistan - 06/30/08 07:08 AM

Marge, We KNEW you weren't as dumb as Rogers looks ! <br>in fact you're what they call a "slick customer". <br><br>man, are they a subsidiary of an oil conglomerate ? they charge like one !<br><br>David (OFI)