T-Mobile and others???

Posted by: NucleusG4

T-Mobile and others??? - 06/11/08 06:31 AM

I just read this... true??<br><br><br><br>At the end of Jobs intro to new iPhone he shows a list of carriers they’re working with. I noticed that T-Mobile was on the list, so I called to find out if they’re now partnering with Apple. Apparently the new iPhone will be unlocked and T-Mobile will support it. Won’t sell it, but will support it.<br><br>[image][/image]
Posted by: Mike

Re: T-Mobile and others??? - 06/11/08 07:41 AM

In the US?<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: T-Mobile and others??? - 06/11/08 08:16 AM

I dunno... I didn't see the KeyNote...<br><br>[image][/image]

Re: T-Mobile and others??? - 06/11/08 03:01 PM

I think it's only for Germany.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: T-Mobile and others??? - 06/11/08 04:04 PM

I agree. It could be any country in which T-Mobile operates but not the states. AT&T won't allow it. Haven't we read that AT&T now has iPhone 3G exclusivity even over Apple?<br><br>If Apple can't sell iPhone then neither can T-M.<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: T-Mobile and others??? - 06/11/08 04:20 PM

Deutsche Telekom AG.'s T-Mobile and Apple Inc. said the new version of Apple's iPhone will be sold in stores in Austria, Germany and the Netherlands from July 11.<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: T-Mobile and others??? - 06/11/08 06:44 PM

If the US is to have an unlocked model, it will cost more--and no such announcement has been made. (But FWIW some have noted that Jobs made no mention of AT&T during the keynote. Not sure if that's true or not.)<br><br>I would think a T-Mobile subsidized iPhone in the US would be more likely than an unlocked one--but probably we'll get neither.<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net