Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple?

Posted by: Biggerfoot

Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 06:16 AM

I plan on jumping on the iPhone band wagon next week. <br><br>Is it better to purchase the phone from the online Apple store (no real store local) or ATT local store (phone store local)? I was not going to bother to try and keep my current phone number. <br><br>Unless ATT gives those rumored discounts, is there any difference?<br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 06:30 AM

No difference that I know of.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: DLC

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 06:42 AM

it's a toss up , but Apple stores are a cooler environment.<br>go for the ambiance !<br><br>they have faster check outs too... very organized !<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 07:09 AM

He doesn't have a store that's local.<br><br>I guess the differences would be:<br><br>Online Apple store: No waiting in line. But you have to wait for it to be delivered.<br><br>AT&T: Possible waiting in line with the chance of them running out before you get yours.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: DLC

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 08:16 AM

OOPS <br><br>sorry about that Bigger... I forget where people are any more.<br><br>Well in that case go to the AT&T store... I said that from the beginning, my friends... I never said be in the Apple Store for 100 years... that was taken out of context by the liberal media ... <br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: starmillway

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 09:46 AM

Unless ATT gives those rumored discounts, is there any difference?<br><br><br>I am soooooooo keeping my fingers crossed for that ATT discount!! <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 10:19 AM

If there is any discount it won't matter where you buy your iPhone. I imagine it will be some kind of rebate thing that you get upon activation with AT&T.<br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/07/08 12:09 PM

The usual rebate scheme is you get the subsidy a few months after keeping the contract. In my case it was 6 months the last time. You have to send them a bill, for month 7 I think it is, to show them you still have the plan. They're of course hoping you'll lose paperwork or forget about it.<br><br>I'd be surprised if it's taken right off the top at purchase.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/08/08 08:04 AM

I had a $100 rebate from ATT before and I had to wait too. <br><br>I will wait and see how big the crowds are at the local ATT store and may just order online since I really do not want to or have the time to stand in line for hours in the 90+ degree heat.<br><br>_______<br>

Re: Buying iPhone from ATT or Apple? - 06/09/08 06:03 PM

Looks like the iPhone is in-store activation only...no lazy shopping for me I guess.<br><br>_______<br>