iPhone brown box

Posted by: margadagio

iPhone brown box - 06/06/08 07:59 AM

June 10th<br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/06/08 08:54 AM

There was another interesting link on the web page (the one you linked to). It appears MS is trying to put a bit of a damper on the 'iPhone excitement'. I find the 'timing' of this letter particularly interesting.....<br>An excerpt of a letter from a MS executive to the 'WinMobile' crowd:<br><br>[color:blue]"To Our Windows Mobile Partners:<br><br>Earlier this year, I joined an amazing group of people and partners like you who work every day towards a vision of putting a ‘smartphone in every pocket.’ To reach this vision, together we’ve created an (1) open platform that provides freedom — the (2) freedom for people across the globe to get the type of handset they want (3) on the network they want, the (4) flexibility for our hardware and mobile operator partners to build on the platform, and the (5) opportunity for developers to create applications on our platform for virtually any need.<br>It’s now my honor and privilege to announce a milestone that our partnership has accomplished. This fiscal year we will sell (6) nearly 20 million Windows Mobile smartphone licenses, making Windows Mobile one of the most widely used smartphone software platforms in the world. We also sold more in the previous four quarters than RIM, and (7) in the last quarter our year-over-year unit growth alone was greater than sales of Apple’s iPhone......</font color=blue><br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/06/08 09:01 AM

There's plenty of laughing going on around the 'net. Seems most folks think MS is getting desperate. <br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/06/08 09:48 AM

Wouldn't it be a laugh if it was just an iPod or something, and Steve-o is saving the iPhone for the anniversary of the release date?<br><br>Big raspberry from the Jobs man if so.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/06/08 10:46 AM

I think it's a new version of Newton. <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/06/08 10:49 AM

or perhaps the iTablet? <br><br>Nah, it's the iPhone. <br><br>I'm as curious what's to happen with .Mac? Rumours are something big about to happen. <br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/06/08 10:55 AM

They'd better not screw the urls to my files! <br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/12/08 08:47 AM

So what was in the brown boxes I wonder? I bet Steve-o had a good laugh.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/12/08 10:53 AM

Advertising materials. <br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: iPhone brown box - 06/12/08 05:25 PM

I think they were discarded copies of VISTA !! <br><br>David (OFI)