Nano question

Posted by: lanovami

Nano question - 01/08/07 03:46 AM

Hey, can the Nano store others files besides music files as the original iPod could? My guess from what I have seen and read is no. I hate advertising my ignorance about such things, but you live and learn right?<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Nano question - 01/08/07 05:45 AM

I think you still can set it up to act like a hard drive like the bigger iPods can...<br><br>Enable disk use<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Nano question - 01/08/07 06:36 AM

Yes you can.. <br>My daughter stores files and photos on her 4GB (1st generation) nano.. I can also store files on my 1GB shuffle.<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Nano question - 01/08/07 04:03 PM

Okay, thanks guys.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: MrB

Re: Nano question - 01/09/07 12:26 PM

What happened to the iPod Mini. I know I am out of the loop here but I got a pink mini for my daughter two years ago. Are they done. Looks like the new Nano looks like a mini.<br><br>and what about the Red Nano. I thought that would be nice. <br><br>dave<br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Nano question - 01/09/07 12:30 PM

The Nanos replaced the Mini a while ago.<br><br>

Re: Nano question - 01/09/07 12:33 PM

Don't you think that new Nano looked like the old Mini? looked similar to me.<br><br>dave<br><br><br>

Re: Nano question - 01/09/07 12:43 PM

Yep--but I think the Nano is smaller than the Mini.<br><br>

Re: Nano question - 01/09/07 01:03 PM

I have to admit that shuffle looks tempting being so small. I can imagine it's going to be the scourge of teachers if it isn't already. When I quit in 200O we had to put up with cell phonesw and beepers along with some CD players. Now it would be so easy for a student to have a Nano tucked in his shirt.<br><br>dave<br><br><br>

Re: Nano question - 01/09/07 01:28 PM

Cell phones have become the default method of cheating. A little texting takes you a long way towards a good grade, I'm afraid. <br><br>

Re: Nano question - 01/09/07 01:52 PM

I guess it would. Glad to be out of that now. During my last year of teaching, I taught a very rural and small high school, (160 students 9-12). With such a small student pop, during the spring some students would be 2-3 sports. Crazy. I had a few students that would be out of class for track and for softball/baseball. Gone 3 days a week. <br><br>Well, I had these three girls who were making up a Geometry test. The Library was just across the hall so I had told them to go there and not sit near each other and take the test during the class when I was reviewing it with the rest of the class who had taken it the day before. <br><br>One of the girls came back when she was done complaining that one of the other three was cheating by having her textbook open. So I walked across and came into the library from the rear door. The student in question had her back to the door so she didn't see me walk up to her and take the textbook and her test from her. I then told her she would have to retake the retake.<br><br>When I told the other girls that she would be allowed to retake the test one of them was livid complaining that it wasn't fair etc. I explained that this was my policy that students could take retakes to improve thier score if they wanted. But that the retake might be a different form and might emphasize didfferent aspects of the content. This policy had worked for me all year, but still this one girl thought she should fail or somesuch. But I explained that I had to be consistent. Of course I remade a test for the cheater to take. It was longer and a bit more difficult. Broke my heart, as I really like the girl. One of my favorites.<br><br>dave<br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Nano question - 01/10/07 06:36 AM

You allowed the cheater to retake the test? You should have done her a favor by giving her a zero for that exam. Instead you taught her that cheating is permissible. Unfortunate if she went on to learn the lesson in college and lost her scholarship because of it.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Nano question - 01/10/07 06:49 AM

My policy was that students could retake tests. So she was allowed to retake a test covering the same material. It was significantly harder. The test, on which she cheated, was torn up and not recorded. <br><br>dave<br><br><br>