iPod Battery Replacement

Posted by: walzuhair

iPod Battery Replacement - 01/03/07 03:00 PM

The play time is less than an hour now, on my 30GB iPod.. I googled a bit to look for a battery replacement, and I found this: http://www.ipodjuice.com/<br><br>Any idea if they're good or bad?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/03/07 03:18 PM

Looks pretty good. I searched on Macminute's front page and found the others. Seems that the 850 mAh batteries go for around $25. You do have the 3rd generation like mine, right?<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/03/07 04:21 PM

Save you money. Just play the tracks at 78 RPM. <br><br>

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/04/07 02:27 AM

Yes, I have the 3rd generation iPod (I wish they give them model numbers or names).. I now have the iPod connected to power all the time, it's either on the Bose SoundDock at my home studio, or at the minivan with iTrip (I have a 110v outlet at the minivan).<br><br>Now that I plan to do more walks, I thought of catching up on some audio books or music to entertain me while walking. I'm currently torn between replacing the battery or just getting a Shuffle for the walks.<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/04/07 03:06 AM

Well, the nano is only a little more than the cost of a battery and shipping....<br><br>

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/04/07 03:33 AM

You mean the Shuffle..<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/04/07 04:41 AM

yeah...oops!<br><br>

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/06/07 11:11 AM

I got the Shuffle today from the local Apple Center.. I think it's dangerous to put such store in the reach of us Apple users..<br><br>First impressions:<br>- Wow, that thing is small..<br>- I like the "Autofill" feature of iTunes (it can randomly select from iTunes to fill the shuffle)<br>- Did I say wow, that thing is small?<br><br>My new walking companion.<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **
Posted by: Trog

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/07/07 11:27 AM

I replaced my 3rd gen myself once for US $29. It wasn't fun, but wasn't that bad either for the price.<br><br>

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/08/07 01:47 AM

True, but I thought of the headache of international USPS shipping, then me driving to the most crowded place in Riyadh and park a mile away to get it, and pay whatever custom duties for it... I thought I would just cut a long story short and pick up the shuffle for my walks.<br><br>...<br>** DigitalEye **
Posted by: Trog

Re: iPod Battery Replacement - 01/08/07 08:07 PM

Love the shuffle. I bought one for my wife for the holidays and wish I hadn't given it to her. <br><br>