new Ipod

Posted by: Anonymous

new Ipod - 01/03/03 06:32 AM

I really want to buy the 20 Gig Ipod today, but some of my friends are telling me to wait untill the Apple Expo. Is it worth it to wait? Does anybody think Apple will release a new Ipod?<br>Will price drop that much?<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: new Ipod - 01/03/03 06:46 AM

It's possible the price will drop. It's only a week - I would wait. It's only a few more days.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: new Ipod - 01/03/03 03:36 PM

Absolutely worth the wait. If (and that's a big IF) they rev the iPod, the existing ones will certainly drop in price. If they don't rev it, you only lost out on a week.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: sross

Re: new Ipod - 01/04/03 05:51 AM

Take a deep breath and wait. You have nothing to lose but a little time. <br>Whether it is an upgrade or a price drop, something will happen.<br><br>

Re: new Ipod - 01/04/03 08:22 AM

I dunno... I don't think its a guarantee that something with the iPod will happen. In fact, I think there is only a slim chance that anything at all will happen with iPod. But we shall see.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: new Ipod - 01/04/03 08:31 AM

thanks for the suggestions, I will wait (arg) untill the Apple Expo... <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: new Ipod - 01/04/03 04:47 PM

I'm sort of in the same situation. My wife always wants to use mine, so she decided to get me a new one for my birthday and she will take my old one.<br>Wow, talk about a birthday present! ...but I think she's getting someting out of it too <br><br>I'd love to get the 10 or 20 gig, but dang they are pricey. So, I'm also hoping something happens at MWSF, but I think we'll give it at least a month if it doesn't.<br><br>
Posted by: gnfnr2k

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 04:18 AM

doesnt the 5 gig i pod hold 4000 songs?<br>Do you really think you are going to put more than that on there??<br><br>

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 07:17 AM

The 5GB iPod holds araound 1,000 songs (give or take a hundred or so, depending on song length and the way you encode the MP3's).<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 10:13 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Do you really think you are going to put more than that on there??<p><hr></blockquote><p>You bet! Thousands of songs, audio books for trips, file backups... I'd like a 40 gig iPod if they made them (and I was filthy rich, of course )<br><br>Never underestimate greed <br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 10:21 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Never underestimate greed<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>A greed. What would happen to the economy if it disappeared?!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 10:45 AM

Good question. Greed seems to be more abundant today than ever, yet the economy kinda sucks. Hmmmm... too much greed by the wrong people, I'll warrant?<br><br>

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 12:42 PM

Tiptoeing on the politics line, are we, Trog? <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 01:23 PM

Ooops!<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: new Ipod - 01/05/03 02:39 PM

<embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/alc/.Pictures/Monkey.wav" type="video/quicktime" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: new Ipod - 01/06/03 05:08 PM

Hey yoyo, what was that file? I just see a broken QT icon?<br><br>

Re: new Ipod - 01/06/03 07:08 PM

It's a monkey howling--I don't know why it's happening, but sound files that I post seem to load fine once or twice, and then they die. <bright idea>Why doesn't someone else post one and see what happens </bright idea><br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"