Where is the hold button on the iPod Shuffle?(etc)

Posted by: warpling

Where is the hold button on the iPod Shuffle?(etc) - 01/22/05 10:42 PM

Hey,<br> Does the shuffle not need a hold, or what, I heard the keys get hit pretty easily. Also anyone hear about the shuffle keypads falling off? And should I buy a shuffle and then buy a 5G ipod in June?<br><br>~Ryan~<br>PS. Steve uses keynote for his presentations, right? I mean he never says he does.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Where is the hold button on the iPod Shuffle?(etc) - 01/22/05 11:16 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hey,<br>Does the shuffle not need a hold, or what, I heard the keys get hit pretty easily.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Pressing and holding the play/pause button for 3 seconds turns on and off the hold switch on the iPod shuffle. When the 3 LEDs are red, it's holding, when they're green, it's not. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Also anyone hear about the shuffle keypads falling off?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Hadn't heard that, although they are glued on. I am sure if it were to happen, Apple would replace it under the 1-year warranty. <br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And should I buy a shuffle and then buy a 5G ipod in June?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, the difference between an iPod shuffle and a full-sized iPod is so great, they're almost different products. What are you going to use it for? How much music do you want to be able to take with you? It's only a $99 decision (I wouldn't bother with the $149 shuffle...that's within iPod mini striking distance.) <br><br>As for any not-yet-released iPods, who knows. I would caution against being an early adopter, as the first few batches usually have some small problem or another (after all, they're made by somebody else for Apple.)<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>PS. Steve uses keynote for his presentations, right? I mean he never says he does.<p><hr></blockquote><p>He sure does - and has for years. When he introduced Keynote a couple years ago, he said he had been beta testing it for quite some time. He reiterated again at the most recent Macworld that he uses Keynote. <br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Where is the hold button on the iPod Shuffle?(etc) - 01/23/05 08:14 AM

Where did you hear the keys fall off easily? I haven't read that anywhere. The only time I've seen the keys fall off is when that guy took it apart - he had to pry the keys off himself though.<br><br>As for the 5G iPod in June. Do you want a 4G iPod today? If not, what do you think a new iPod will give you. Besides, the mini is so cheap. Buy one today and enjoy it until June. Sell it if you want a new one then.<br><br><br>
Posted by: warpling

Re: Where is the hold button on the iPod Shuffle?(etc) - 01/25/05 06:02 PM

TY for the nice replies, I really was planning on getting an iPod now that I have enough bling bling, but now I was gona wait until June to get an iPod. In the meantime, I want to listen to music so maybe I will get a shuffle for now...<br><br>