iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally

Posted by: padmavyuha

iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 02:46 AM

Don't know whether anyone noticed this already, but on the Apple UK iPod Shuffle page, the notes at the bottom state:<br><br>2. Do not chew iPod shuffle.<br><br>Someone is going to have to start making alternative 'end-covers' for the Shuffle with, for example, a dummy on it (that's 'pacifier' in American, I think) - seriously, this could help people to give up smoking... the possibilities are endless - any other suggestions? (be nice...)<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br><br>...this just in - Adolf Hitler reincarnated as cat...

Re: iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 05:21 AM

Ummm... okay, I didn't notice the chewing gum packets at the top of the page - Apple got humour, whod've thought it?<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>...this just in - Adolf Hitler reincarnated as cat...
Posted by: hayesk

Re: iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 08:39 AM

On the US page it says "Do not eat iPod shuffle."<br><br>And on the Mac mini page, there's a pick of two hands holding it, and the footnote mentions "hands sold separately."<br><br><br>

Re: iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 09:04 AM

Thanks, hayesk - guess what? Apple humour turns out to be localised (or localized, if you prefer...) - the UK mac mini page has this footnote:<br><br>Keyboard, mouse, megaphone and display sold separately.<br><br>I'm going to fish around the non-English-speaking Apple pages and see how far this goes!<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>...this just in - Adolf Hitler reincarnated as cat...
Posted by: Trog

Re: iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 09:11 AM

Silly british humor! <br><br><br><br>When did the National Guard turn into the foreign legion?

Re: iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 09:14 AM

hey, don't knock it - it's a big slice of our GNP... ;)<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>...this just in - Adolf Hitler reincarnated as cat...

Re: iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 09:48 AM

So: an interesting insight into Apple's notions of different nations' humour - I've looked at the non-English pages for the ipod shuffle and mac mini (the ones in roman script, anyway) - for a start, most of the non-English sites use the UK English text for those pages. French, Italian, German, Dutch, & Spanish are the only ones I've seen so far that have product pages in their own languages, and Spanish is the only one that has the megaphone joke:<br><br>El teclado, ratón, altavoces y monitor se venden por separado.<br><br>None of them have the shuffle-eating joke. Still, it's early days, maybe they've got their stalwart localis/zing staff banging away at it right now....<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>...this just in - Adolf Hitler reincarnated as cat...
Posted by: warpling

Re: iPod Shuffle - not to be taken internally - 01/14/05 10:26 AM

ha ha, thats funny. It's also funny that you guys call pasifiers dummies, heh. So is this serious or funny. They should make an apple ciggar, heh.<br><br>