SnapCracklePopPod

Posted by: lesh

SnapCracklePopPod - 10/30/04 02:33 PM

Bummer, my iPod mini is on it's way back to Apple in hopes of repair/replacement. It developed the acknowledged issue of static-y sounding audio that cuts in and out, apparently related to a part of the earbud/headphone jack. So, just wondering if anyone else here with an iPod mini has experienced this and had the problem resolved satisfactorily?<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/30/04 02:39 PM

ipodlounge.com has the horror stories....<br><br>

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/30/04 02:43 PM

Yep, that's where I learned it 'wasn't just me'. They're on the Apple support forums site, too.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/30/04 02:51 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/30/04 03:32 PM

I was at the Apple Store a few months ago because of a problem with my PB. While I was there a woman came in with an iPod problem and they gave her a brand new one. Maybe if you bring yours in you'll be as lucky.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/30/04 05:02 PM

Sorry to hear that. Boy, it must be hit and miss though. I know of no less than half a dozen people with brand new iPods and they don't have this problem.<br><br>I hope you get it back soon.<br><br>

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/31/04 08:43 AM

It's a matter of finding the time required make the trek to an Apple store that is problematic, plus the iPod is engraved, so if I want that preserved my only option is returning it directly to Apple. Even then I'm guessing it may or may not come back re-engraved. <br><br>With a little more digging on the 'net, it seems the design flaw that led to this was corrected, units that were produced later don't seem to have this problem at all. <br><br>/kvetching<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/31/04 10:48 AM

Time is always the problem. I'm supposed to get my driver's license renewed sometime in the next two months. I don't have a clue when I'll be able to get to the stupid place, though.<br><br>Hope you find the time! It's terrible to be without your iPod <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 10/31/04 12:25 PM

Bummer Lesh, hope you get it back intact.<br><br>

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 11/16/04 04:21 PM

Yippee! Arrived home from my little boat ride to find a brand new, perfectly functioning (at least so far), re-engraved iPod mini waiting for me. <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 11/16/04 08:02 PM

Glad they did the right thing. <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: SnapCracklePopPod - 11/16/04 11:11 PM

Good to hear Lesh. What a relief. Hope it works better this time.<br><br>