Still having iPod update problems?

Posted by: yoyo52

Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 08:11 AM

Try this.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 10:39 AM

I have a 30GB 3G iPod. I downloaded iTunes 4.5 at work. I am using Panther. Do I need to put the iPod software update on my iPod first before I install iTunes 4.5? I'm a little confused.<br><br>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 11:20 AM

Also I have Quicktime 6.4. Do I need to update that as well?<br><br><br>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 11:35 AM

I think the conclusion people have come to is that you need to do the iPod update before you do the other ones. Sherman had the problem of not having his iPod recognized for the iPod update after he had done the iTunes update, but then went to another Mac, which hadn't yet done the iTunes update, and managed to update the iPod on that machine without problems.<br><br>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 11:42 AM

OK I have the iPod updater and iTunes 4.5 downloaded. I will do the iPod first but do I need QT 6.5.1? Because I can download it while I go to the store and upgrade everything when I get back. It took over a half hour to download the 7.5 mg iPod updater. I am so mad I didn't update my QT when I was on high speed wireless last weekend. We were too busy downloading songs from the music store. hehe<br><br>edit: Look what I found. I downloaded it at work and had it on my iPod. Is it new enough? To quote habs24 "Quick kid" I've gotta go and I need to start the download before I leave. Thanks<br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iRock on 05/01/04 02:57 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 12:03 PM

I'd do the iPod update first, then the iTunes, then the QT. Is that .pkg file for 6.5.1 or just 6.5?<br><br>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 12:04 PM

6.5 I downloaded it just a few days before 6.5.1. Should I snag 6.5.1 and use it instead?<br><br>Thanks for the prompt reply, it will take 90 minutes to 2 hours to download and I want it to start it before I go if I need it. I have to put make up on and then I am ready to leave.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iRock on 05/01/04 03:06 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 12:35 PM

I think 6.5.1 and the iTunes update aren't connected, so if you wait to download the 6.5.1 at work, I don't think that'd be a problem.<br><br>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/01/04 12:47 PM

Thanks!<br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/02/04 03:48 AM

I installed the big 3. QT first, iTunes next and iPod update last. Not one problem. I'm not sure that the order in which this is done is relevant<br>iBook SE<br>OS 10.3.3<br><br>

Re: Still having iPod update problems? - 05/02/04 10:11 AM

Good to hear.<br><br><br>