iPod question

Posted by: iraszl

iPod question - 01/24/04 07:28 AM

How do you set up your iPod, so that it doesn't pause between songs? Can't find such setting...<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: nutty

Re: iPod question - 01/24/04 08:19 AM

MP3's always have a puse between songs<br><br>
Posted by: lislaz

Re: iPod question - 01/24/04 11:45 AM

Yeah, it bums me out when I try to listen to mixes and the segue gets choppy. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: iPod question - 01/24/04 08:15 PM

Not sure what you mean by a pause? How long is it? There is less than a second between songs on my pod, except when I'm manually skipping ahead and it has to load up the memory to get to the next track. Are you talking about crossfading between tracks? <br><br>I know in iTunes you can crossfade tracks by up to 12 seconds and then there is really no break at all between songs, but I guess there is no way to do that on the pod, yet. <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: iPod question - 01/24/04 10:19 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>MP3's always have a puse between songs<p><hr></blockquote><p>thanks! if i rip them in aac there won't be any gap?<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: iPod question - 01/25/04 07:10 AM

It shouldn't matter what you rip the songs at- the hardware just has a little pause between songs, and that's the long and short of it.<br><br>There's no crossfade between tracks like in iTunes, and depending on the song itself, you're just going to get some silence in between song changes...<br><br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: iPod question - 01/25/04 07:12 AM

sounds normal<br><br>Trör Ironbrow<br><br><pre>[color:blue]The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough</font color=blue></pre><p>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: iPod question - 02/01/04 04:37 AM

That pause is there so you can repeat the mantra, "Hail Apple!"<br><br>