Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE

Posted by: kyleknudson

Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/30/09 12:30 PM

Looking to sell my completely custom 15" Mac Book Pro that has 2 yes that is 2 CPU's my friend actually soldered a 2nd 2.5 core 2 duo CPU on to the board i have pictures to prove this it also has a mat screen mod and capable of doing 3 finger touchpad right now and has the capability of doing 4 fingers with the proper drivers or software but it is in about a 6 or 7 of 10 condition and has a titanium reinforced case which makes it almost un breakable

email me at [url=mailto:kyleknudson@yahoo.com]mailto:kyleknudson@yahoo.com[/url] for more info i will be posting pictures shortly

Make an offer
Posted by: MacAttack

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/30/09 03:23 PM

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of this, that's for sure.

Could you get some cinebench or xbench benchmarks as well?

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/30/09 04:30 PM

http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=371559&doc2=1&setCookie=true
Posted by: Oelmuvun

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/30/09 05:38 PM

No
You cannot just slap two CPUs into an Apple lappy.

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/30/09 07:27 PM

i know that but it does have 2 Cpu's iceclean says so with a 6mb cache and if you look at the benchmark teast that i posted it will confirm this i will take it apart if need b eto show the buyer that there are 2 cpu's

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/30/09 08:48 PM

Then it is not a MacBook Pro as you claim simply because it is not possible to solder in an extra CPU to any of Apple's x86 based products.

In fact, I would be absolutely shocked to see even a high end PC laptop were the manufacturer wasted so much space and materials on the PCB just for an empty set of pads that would allow for a second CPU to be soldered in by a rare person with extremely expensive equipment. If anything they would stick the CPU in themselves.

Unfortunately there is no market for such a beast as it would be useless as a portable (big/hot/power hungry) and it would also be _very_ expensive.

Sounds quite a bit like benches/sysinfo was faked and you were lied to.

So yea, we are going to need decent pictures.

On a side note it looks like a 2.5Ghz w/ 6MB L2 for notebook would be a T9300. But (please correct me if I am wrong) isn't the T9300 not designed for going dual?

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/30/09 10:33 PM

actually the old macbook pros had an extra spot for a 2nd cpu if you research into the arcitecture of the board itself and if you know the program iceclean i will be posting screen shots of what it says this system is and yes the total cost of the laptop when it was built was around 12k or more but i am looking to get maybe 3k as i am in need of money. also if neccessary i will remove the keyboard and show you were the 2nd cpu was soldered on but i will not simply just do this inless someone is serous about making me an offer as i am not the original builder of this computer and do not want to keep removing the keyboard but i will prove it if need be
Posted by: TonimusMaximus

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/31/09 02:59 AM

I call shenanigans. Even if there is the physical space for a processor I doubt highly that there's the additional architecture necessary for a second cpu. No one here is going to make an offer without pictures. If you're not willing to post pictures without an offer, than it looks like you'd better move on.
Posted by: legomactrumpet

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/31/09 06:17 AM

just because you glued another CUP on the board beside the original does not mean you magically have a skulltrail laptop, like maximus said, give us proof, including pics of the system recognizing that it works

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 05/31/09 11:46 AM

By the way, here is a slightly faster model of MacBook compared to the bench previously posted.
http://db.xbench.com/merge.xhtml?doc1=371559&doc2=369120
There is not enough difference between the two to account for one having two CPUs as far as I am concerned.

Aside from that XBench has not been updated in what? years? and even then it was not the greatest of tests. I would vote for a GeekBench test actually.
Posted by: iBookdude458

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 06/01/09 11:49 AM

as they say on most web forums

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 06/01/09 09:52 PM

i will post pics this week just need tiem to tear it apart and not let it sit liek theat after i get you all some pics

thanks for the interest
Posted by: MacAttack

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 06/01/09 10:00 PM

You have issues when it comes to putting the 'e' at the end of the word, don't you? :p

That being said... The MacBook Pro is one slim, sleek machine... I am having a very hard time believing there's enough space for 2 core 2 duos in there.

Where does it go?
(And don't think pointing to the logic board will be enough proof, I still want pics).
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Custom 15" Mac Book Pro with TWO 2.5 Core 2 Duo's FOR SALE - 06/02/09 12:22 PM

I have had every MacBook Pro in bits. (Apple tech). There is nowhere to put a second CPU. There is not enough physical space for it, there is no room on the heat sink, let alone the logic board. And there is certainly no connectors for it on the board.

The only Macs you could even think of doing this with are single proc G4 or G5 towers. But still it might not work, even if you soldered the sockets on perfectly.

This is utter rubbish.

A 2.5GHz Core 2 Duo would easily outscore a single core, DP G5 by this kind of margin anyway.

Either you are trying to con us, your 'friend' is trying to con you, or one or both of you are idiots. A dual core chip registers as 2 logical CPUs. Or maybe someone was using hyperthreading to fake 4 logical cores. Regardless, its all balls.

This would have to be a custom logic board, and it would drain its battery in no time. Not to mention cook itself. And anyone near it.