Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery

Posted by: macDeviant

Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 01/25/08 04:00 AM

Anyone have a dead or dying battery compatible with the most recent 15" MBP. I'm looking to make a dummy so i don't have to keep the battery charging all the time. I can swap out the live battery for the dummy when i'm at home and constantly connected to power.
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 01/25/08 01:06 PM

I could use one too but the vast majority are either under warranty or still working.I guess they'll start turning up reasonably soon though.
Posted by: krusher117

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 01/25/08 02:59 PM

do you have a have a battery in the slot in order to power on the computer?
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 01/25/08 03:08 PM

yea... I need one for my MacBook as well. The one I have is shot. It stays in sleep mode for 1 day tops on a full charge... Strangely enough though, after a full charge, I can get a good 3 hours. The sleep mode, is what perplexes me about it.
Posted by: macDeviant

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 01/25/08 04:36 PM

there doesn't need to be a battery in for it to start up. Just tried it with my MBP and it turned right on.
Posted by: soundmann18

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 01/26/08 04:27 PM

My brother's MacBook has been running without a functioning battery for the last year or so ever since he knocked his fishbowl onto the computer - nothing worked at all until I opened it and cleaned all the boards and contacts. The computer started up fine afterwards, but has never recognized the battery.
Posted by: JediJoker7169

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 02/12/08 07:19 PM

You don't have to have the battery in the slot to power the computer; all you need is the power supply. I take mine out from time to time in order to let it drain.
Posted by: sallyxi

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 02/25/08 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: "macDeviant"
Anyone have a dead or dying battery compatible with the most recent 15" MBP. I'm looking to make a dummy so i don't have to keep the battery charging all the time. I can swap out the live battery for the dummy when i'm at home and constantly connected to power.

why don`t you go to ebay and find,maybe there is oppotunity.
Posted by: glawrie

Re: Looking for a dead MBP 15" Battery - 01/02/09 02:59 AM

You might want to check out this story http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=2548 - apparently on the latest MBP if you run it with battery removed it runs at reduced speed. So you might want to keep the battery in the unit all the time.