Looking for a QS Case...

Posted by: Deviant0ne

Looking for a QS Case... - 07/16/07 04:37 PM

I'm in the market for a Quick Silver case to house the Digital Audio logic board I have on the way. Is anyone looking to sell? I would also consider a DA case.

Let it be known, I'm not looking to break the bank. Thanks in advance for any replies!
Posted by: zenstate

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 07/16/07 10:17 PM

You should plan to spend at least 40-50..

You're not going to get a mac case for 20 bucks unless its banged up or the seller has no clue of the value.
Posted by: RedDrag0n

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 07/17/07 06:30 AM

I picked mine up for $60 CND. It's replacing the modified ATX case that i bought with my motherboard. If your interested in this, PM me know and i can see how much shipping and such would be.

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 07/17/07 10:58 AM

I paid 53 US plus shipping on ebay for my MDD case..

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 07/17/07 01:03 PM

That's right about what I was looking to spend. Now I just have to find one... Would a MDD case work for a DA MoBo?

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 07/17/07 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: "Deviant0ne "

That's right about what I was looking to spend. Now I just have to find one... Would a MDD case work for a DA MoBo?

The PCI slots on the MDD's are at the top so a digital audio mobo wouldn't fit.  Pretty much any Mac tower from the B&W G3 up to the Quicksilver will hold the parts for you just fine.  Maybe a bit of modification might be needed but most of slots and holes will line up.

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 07/17/07 02:21 PM

Thanks again for the info. I think I'll stick with the QS case just because I shouldn't have to heavily modify it to make it work for me.

I may just sell my Sawtooth on Craigslist and use that money towards a complete MDD. Thoughts?
Posted by: maestro

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 08/10/07 03:12 PM

I do have a QS case I may be willing to sell.  PM me.
Posted by: RedDrag0n

Re: Looking for a QS Case... - 08/10/07 11:48 PM

I still have my ATX Quicksilver case if you want it. It's just taking up space in my closet and i will let it go for cheap. Here is a pic of what it looks like again. It will need a power on board in order for the front buttons and front LED to work. I took the one that was there and had to put it in my actual Quicksilver case since mine was missing it.