Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :(

Posted by: JediJoker7169

Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :( - 12/23/05 01:23 PM

NOOOOOO!!! Now all our components won't be made by Sony! Plus, that thing was great, and I trust Sony quite a bit more than some non-mainstream brand like Humax. Out of 10 tech-savvy people, I bet more would know of Sony than Humax. I love the ease of Sony remotes as well, and since our universal is also a Sony, it was easy to program everything. But now, we'll have to do it (*gasp*) manually! The new box, however, has a built-in DVD burner, which is a plus, I guess... Kinda... It would have been better to just get a newer DVD player from Sony with burn and hook it up to the TiVo box.

Of course, the whole reason it's being replaced is 'cause it's acting up... But we could have it fixed! Grrrr... Maybe we still can and it can become mine... Muahahahahahaha!!!

(P.S.: This is kinda creepy... In this quiet room, I can hear the Bluetooth signals being sent from my keyboard. "Tell me people: am I going insane?")

Post edited by: JediJoker7169, at: 2005/12/24 01:43
Posted by: maestro

Re:Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :( - 12/23/05 04:25 PM

You are going insane!:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :woohoo: :woohoo: :silly:
-maestro

I am too by the way, from the noisey power supply in my G5! Beep, Beep Beep, Beep. I think it is sending me secret messages.......

Re:Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :( - 12/23/05 05:42 PM

LOL... Just as I saw your post, maestro, "U Can't Touch This" rolled around in my entire Library shuffle. But as far as the whole signal thing goes, I swear, I heard it. Is Bluetooth a specific range of RF signals? Because if so, this whole thing is plausible.
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :( - 12/23/05 09:27 PM

Sony Tivo versus Humax Tivo? Can you give me the history on this because I don't own a Tivo and haven't followed whats going on with them

Re:Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :( - 12/23/05 10:17 PM

The way I understand it, TiVo (a service provider and nothing more) liscenses certain companies to make boxes for their service. As far as the difference between Series 1 and 2, I'm not sure. It could just be the USB ports on the back of the box, or it could be a change in the way the whole service works. I just don't know. What I do know is that Sony was the sole provider of TiVo boxes for a long time, perhaps for the whole life of Series 1. Then they started liscensing to people like DirecTV, and therfore to other companies, and thus--if I understand correctly--Series 2 was born. Now, tons of companies make TiVo boxes, and I don't even know if Sony still does. I love Sony's home entertainment stuff because it all just plain roxxorz the boxxorz... There's nothing on the remotes you don't need, no frilly design elements on the machines or in their OSs, and all their components very sleek in every aspect. Perhaps that's why our whole entertainment system [including a Beta, Video 8, and kick-ass-but-unfortunately-broken TV from '85 (I've never seen ANY TV with a better picture)] was made by them. And with the exception of the TiVo box, we haven't had to replace anything. We only replaced our VCR because it was old and there was better technology out there; the old one still works, and is used from time-to-time. Talk about reliability!
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :( - 12/24/05 01:59 AM

Too bad they didn't go for That other DVR made by Sony;)

Post edited by: anil8tor, at: 2005/12/24 10:01

Post edited by: anil8tor, at: 2005/12/24 10:03
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:Sony TiVo Being Replaced by Humax TiVo 2 :( - 12/24/05 02:11 AM

Errr....Ummm ...that last post was susposed to have a pic of a ReplayTv, but it just aint happenin':(