TCPMeta's Media Center

Posted by: TCPMeta

TCPMeta's Media Center - 10/30/05 09:10 AM

Well I have a lot of goodies for my new Media Center. Right now I have my Xbox as my system while having a home made DIY projector hooked up with my cheap walmart 5.1 surround sound. I also have in the works of a projector screen made out of 1x1s and canvas. I'm not sure on how big to make it yet, for the moment i'm using a white sheet lol. Basicly all I have done so far was make the projector, tonight i'll hook up my B&W and play around with it, Maybe i'll try my PC and play some CS lol.

The projector was simple to make. I bought a while back a old overhead projector for stilimages. I took a two sided LCD from work that didn't work very due to a bad power button. I just set the LCD on top of the projector and built a wooden box to make sure any light doesn't effect the quality and wahlla.

I'm thinking to clean out the garage and turn it into a small theater. I already got a couch and a chair out there, just they're covered in boxes of junk. Sadly I wouldn't beable to inclose the garage due to permits and stuff so I would just stick a window A/C unit in and never open the garage lol.
Posted by: soundmann18

Re:TCPMeta's Media Center - 10/30/05 10:44 AM

Sounds awesome - Well done on the projector, I have a friend who tried that from an LCD monitor, but the board was wired without enough cable to move it out of the way, so in re-soldering 100 connections, something messed up and part of the screen didn't work anymore. The projector that I have has pretty terrible resolution, so I'm looking to replace the 4" lcd with a new one, but I'm low on money for now.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:TCPMeta's Media Center - 10/30/05 12:28 PM

TCP, that is great. Any chance you have progress pics to make a mod guide. I am sure people would love to get some pics of the process and a more thorough explaination.

Re:TCPMeta's Media Center - 10/31/05 11:53 AM

I'll have a mod guide with in two weeks. Thing is it's surper easy. No wireing or programing. Just plywood, overhead projector and a two sided LCD.
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:TCPMeta's Media Center - 11/03/05 01:12 PM

This guide explanes all you need to know :LINK wink

Re:TCPMeta's Media Center - 11/03/05 08:49 PM

I never thought of a backlite TFT LCD.

Oh, I had to end up scraping my cab I built to hole the projector. Too much heat builds up. I'm going to rebuild it with a PVC piping frame and use some cloth. Also i'm going to add a box fan on the back so cool air hits it. On a low speed it's quite and pushes a lot of air.