Lets get some things straight

Posted by: TCPMeta

Lets get some things straight - 09/30/05 12:13 PM

Ok I noticed that on the front page about the A-Open miniPC. I don't know why people should be mad about it. Sooner or later some one would put a PC in a Mac-Mini case. Some of you might know that a few years ago some company had a system that was in fact smaller then the Mac-Mini (Smaller as in slimer). Yes it was a PC but basicly it was a striped down laptop. Although it used PC2100 DDR desktop memory (one slot). Also for years and years people have been playing with ITX based motherboards and craming them into small cases that can be about the size of a mac mini or something huge. Just have to remember PC users/companys don't always steal stuff from Apple.
Posted by: maestro

Re:Lets get some things straight - 09/30/05 12:15 PM

I understand what you are saying, but did you see it! Now that is a rip off if I ever saw one.
-maestro :evil:
Posted by: Draconis

Re:Lets get some things straight - 09/30/05 12:21 PM

Speaking of rip off's what happened to that shuffle one?
Posted by: TCPMeta

Re:Lets get some things straight - 09/30/05 12:28 PM

I've seen it, heck I saw a demo at a computer show. When you get down too it tons of companys copy cases. For a example I have two cases sitting right next to me. One is from CG and the other was made by Ultra. They look the same but the Ultra case has a extra Harddrive bay and the CG has a window on the side.

Besides 90% of PC users like upgrading without having to splurge for a new case so I dout AOpen will sell a bunch of the Mini-PC.

Speaking of cases I found a killer case for my B&W.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1567077&Sku=A926-1018
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:Lets get some things straight - 09/30/05 12:39 PM

Draconis wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of rip off's what happened to that shuffle one?

Heh... even Disney is in the game now.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Lets get some things straight - 09/30/05 02:39 PM

I plan on making the ripp off reports a feature. It's not my intention to point out that this has been going on for a while, or that Enermax and Antec cases look identical, but to add a bid of humor to the site. Take it for what it is and not dwell too hard on it.

I have plans for future ones, and I promise you will get a bigger kick out of them once you see what direction I'm heading.