Odd info?

Posted by: KnifeLord

Odd info? - 08/22/05 06:34 AM

So I found some odd info about my laptops CD drive, it is partitioned as two 256 MB sections... i asume that they have the info on how the drive should opperate, but strange never the less...

-Knife
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Odd info? - 08/22/05 10:22 AM

your cd drive is partitioned?
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Odd info? - 08/22/05 10:23 AM

your cd drive is partitioned?
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Odd info? - 08/22/05 10:30 AM

appropriate double-take
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:Odd info? - 08/22/05 10:34 AM

umm... how does one partition a cd????? :blink:

Re:Odd info? - 08/22/05 11:14 AM

well I was messing around with the iMac G3 (tray drive) plug, and my Laptop HDD connector, and if I pluged it in in one position it would give me two seprate partitons for the CD drive... idk how exactly the computer would recongnize this, but it would certanly make a funny- Do it just to do it, file carrier... make a nice hip holster out of leather, some plexiglass, such... if someone is willing to donate a iMac G3's CD Converter (from laptop to mini-HDD type thinggy) There is one in another link... I would be happy to create such a mod...

-Knife

Re:Odd info? - 08/22/05 11:15 AM

as for anil8tor, im not sure you see what i mean, the CD isn't partitioned, the drive is. But Partitioning a CD is possible too I would assume... they are all read as blank DVD's CD or not, so maybe if somebody could write a software that will take that old used CD of your's and create a 4.8 GB DVD that would be very cool... and you may just be lucky enough to get sued.... lol

-Knife
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:Odd info? - 08/22/05 11:43 AM

Ok Knife, I dont want to make light of your problem... but now that I understand it...I am more confused than befor :blink: uh, I think...