Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC

Posted by: zwei

Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/03/14 11:28 AM

We just crossed $3mil this morning and are picking up steam. If you haven't taken a look yet, please do. If you haven't bought fireworks yet, consider putting your money towards this cause instead of handing it over to China for mini-splosions. wink

If you don't trust Woz, here is a link to a their media exposure page. As you can see ...it's an extensive list.

Cheers!

Hope you decide to help!
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/03/14 01:36 PM

Sounds like a great movement. I will look into it. The OS analogy in the video was dubious though. wink

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/03/14 01:50 PM

HAHA ...just had to post the Woz here. wink The best interview I've seen was from Ezra Klein on Vox.com. (man I love that site) link-o

The plan is detailed here.

Also just want to note that if we don't make it to 5mil, your pledge is returned (unless you designate otherwise)

Thanks for looking into it. If nothing else, give it a shoutout on your social media.

Cheers!

Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/03/14 04:38 PM

Interesting idea -- it's worth a contribution to see what actually happens (if anything ;-). So ya got some of my money ;-)

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/03/14 04:55 PM

Rock on! I'm really curious to see if it's possible. Still a LONG way to go. The more I dig into the backstory of Lessig and Arron Schwartz, the more vocal I've become. This is actually the first campaign I've spent any $ to support. I'm not usually one who parts with my money easily.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/03/14 06:12 PM

Can't believe they don't do Paypal!

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/03/14 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Can't believe they don't do Paypal!

They do -- hit the "Pledge Now' butan, then select an amount and there's a huge honkin' PayPal button there ...

Be aware that pledges made through Pay Pal are permanent (I.e. if they don't meet their goal, you'll still be charged -- fair warning) ...
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/04/14 06:42 AM

That is one horrible design for a payment page.
In Safari you get the fields to fill out and then a Payment button below... with a paragraph under that before you even get to the Paypal button.
I filled out the fields and hit the payment button.. never guessing there would be an alternate payment button waaay below.
I missed it 3 times... even after you told me. They might have more money if it was more prominent.
I got the CC part and bailed... didn't feel like going to get my wallet and punching all those numbers. Paypal is jusy so... easy.

Anyways... donation complete!
Happy 4th!

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/04/14 06:58 AM

It didn't always look like that. They redesigned it with the little amount buttons just a couple days ago. Anywho, happy Independence Day!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/04/14 08:41 AM

Donated about 1 month ago and my card has been charged. grin

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/04/14 06:24 PM

As of this morning I still fully expected MaydayPAC to fail. I've watched the slow crawl this whole last month, and it looked like things were getting brighter, but not bright enough. Boy was I wrong! We literally raised as much TODAY as we had in over half the prior month.

All I gotta say is that I'm happy ...and we will be crossing that impossible $5mil goal any moment!

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/04/14 06:32 PM

Quote:
Boy was I wrong! We literally raised as much TODAY as we had in over half the prior month.

That's usually how those things go -- same for auctions and whatnot: the last 24-48 hours are the most active ...

Having said that, it being Independence Day, I did think it was 50/50 that he goal would be met. But it did! Grats to them -- now we'll see how goes the experiment =)
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/04/14 06:55 PM

Maybe I missed the memo, but I only got a couple days to absorb it.
Not enough time to contribute, or spread the word.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/06/14 04:47 PM

So they reached their goal? cool
MAYDAY!

Re: Less than 2 days left on MaydayPAC - 07/06/14 04:54 PM

Indeed they did! You can still pledge tho wink

Right now the total also includes the original $1mil that was raised in May and the $1mil matched by big tech funders. Once Lessig gets our $5 mil matched from this round it'll be over $12mil.