Have you seen this guy?

Posted by: lanovami

Have you seen this guy? - 07/03/14 03:00 AM

He's all the rage in Japan right now. The entire nation is embarrassed as a people. Don't worry if what comes out of his mouth sounds like jibberish, it is no different for a Japanese speaker.

Japanese politician crying, throwing a temper tantrum or um...?
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/03/14 07:41 AM

Well that was convincing.

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/03/14 01:17 PM

Right? Amazing how even across the language and cultural barrier this guy's, for lack of a better word, "crocodile tears" are so utterly fake.

News snippets are coming out about him. He ran for office (not sure if it's the same office) 4 times previously and failed before finally getting elected in 2011.

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/03/14 01:18 PM

Many of my Japanese friends are lamenting that it it becoming international news too, and are "embarrassed as a Japanese" for this guys performance, let alone his excesses and misdeeds.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/03/14 08:53 PM

Embarrassed? They need to see some of the American crap. Jim and Tammy Bakkker? Jimmy Swagger--I mean Swaggart? Ted Haggard?

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/04/14 03:12 AM

True.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/04/14 03:44 AM

Pathetic indeed to make a ass out of yourself on television.

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/04/14 04:44 PM

I was reading the news again, and yes he did run for and fail to get elected to the same office Hyogo* prefecture assemblyman (equivalent to state legislature in the US) 4 times before finally ascending in 2011.

(Hyogo is where the city of Kobe is, as in Kobe beef)
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Have you seen this guy? - 07/10/14 04:34 PM

Dubbya would never have cried like a little beotch.