FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us

Posted by: yoyo52

FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 06:34 AM

In case you were in doubts. They really are a fringe.
Posted by: DLC

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 07:01 AM

NO BIG surprise there.

It's like there's only ONE source and it's always right--- er correct ! wink
They NEVER bother to check any other source !!

I may hav preferences but I verify, verify, and verify !
Then I cross check ! grin

It's like they'd rather believe fairy tales than the TRUTH !!
Guess that's why so many conservatives take the Bible LITERALLY !! tongue
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 08:36 AM

Quote:
In the aftermath of that defeat, Fox and the Republican Party had the chance to fix it by reorganizing the station’s content with more moderate hosts and more accurate coverage. They have chosen not to do so—and it’s only going to continue to hurt them in 2016.

But, will it hurt them enough?
Posted by: steveg

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 09:06 AM

Fox News. Helping the uniformed become the misinformed.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 09:19 AM

And making ignorance admirable. crazy

On a small tangent: My wife and I watched "The Book Thief" last evening. There was a scene in which there was a book burning in the town square in which the German soldier/brownshirt was ranting on about ridding themselves of intellectual dirt and restoring their freedoms.

It sounded almost verbatim to what comes from our extreme right wackos.
Posted by: garyW

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 09:36 AM

According to FoxNews veiwers, you must unskew this poll by the lamestream media. That way it says just the opposite. Also.

laugh

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: garyW
According to FoxNews veiwers, you must unskew this poll by the lamestream media. That way it says just the opposite. Also.

laugh

How could I have been so blind! laugh
Posted by: steveg

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 02:52 PM

Hey! Quit skewin' around, willya?!
Posted by: Celandine

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 02:52 PM

-br->crazy<-br-This space left intentionally blank

grin just sayin'
Posted by: garyW

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 03:38 PM

The PRRI/Brookings poll also shows MSNBC is the least trusted. Who knew? One way to look at that bit of information is that MSNBC viewers are the least gullible. laugh
Posted by: DLC

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW
The PRRI/Brookings poll also shows MSNBC is the least trusted. Who knew? One way to look at that bit of information is that MSNBC viewers are the least gullible. laugh

Are you saying the Rev Al tells fibs ?? wink
Posted by: lanovami

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 10:51 PM

Yes, but on the bright side,

"Fox and the Republican Party had the chance to fix it by reorganizing the station’s content with more moderate hosts and more accurate coverage. They have chosen not to do so—and it’s only going to continue to hurt them in 2016."

Good riddance.

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/10/14 10:56 PM

I really ratcheted down my viewing of CNN (which is the easiest English news to get over here) when they predicted the imminent demise of Japan (okay, perhaps I exaggerate a bit). I probably watch Fox News more, if only for laughs.

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/11/14 07:30 AM

CNN's approach to "news" is pretty silly. They just latch onto something and won't let go. The most ridiculous case was the recent disappearance of the airliner, but just yesterday they did it again in a different kind of way, focusing on the shooting in Oregon for hour after hour when they had absolutely no information to impart beyond what they could give in two minutes. Now, I realize that the two events are very different, but the approach is the same. I guess it's impossible to avoid that kind of "reporting" if you're on a 24/7 news cycle.

Re: FOX Watchers and the Rest of Us - 06/11/14 12:54 PM

Okay, I admit I gradually started gravitating back toward CNN after a while though I was turned off by its irresponsible Fukushima coverage. But the the Malaysia flight thing happened, and yes it was like 24 hours of it for weeks. And for some reason Richard Quest as their go to guy on this and I don't know why but he grates on my nerves. So again I turned off CNN.