Rancher in Nevada

Posted by: MrB

Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 01:04 PM

A rancher just outside Nevada has put up a sustained effort to keep from removing his cattle from Federal land. I've not followed this case much but from what I've deemed it appears that he has done this for 20 years.

I've thought of these situations many times over the years and I've wondered how people think they have the right to utilize resources on land they do not own. If this rancher owned this 600,000 acres then I might support his claim to use it any damn way he chooses but he doesn't own it, and for 20 years he has stopped paying leasing fees, as I understand.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/us/nevada-rancher-rangers-cattle-showdown/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

As usual, some of the comments are most interesting. I rather agree with one who posted this

And by "liberty", you mean ignoring laws you don't think should apply to you? This has been going on for twenty years. That is federal land and grazing on it costs money. Just like any other federally owned resource, if you use it, you should have to pay for that use. This guy believes those laws don't apply to him. He's a parasite. Cloaking his stupidity in the language moronic wingnuts love, he's somehow convinced a fair amount of people his stealing from the federal government is okay. These same people will wax poetic about the "culture of dependency" created when a single mother working a minimum wage job takes sixty bucks a week in food stamp benefits to feed her kids. This guy has been stealing from the feds for so long he considers it his birthright. He's fought a long legal battle and he lost. He is refusing to abide by the resulting court order. That makes him a criminal. No different than a welfare cheat. No one defends the right of a welfare cheat to game the system but because this guy wears a cowboy hat, people think his criminal behavior should be celebrated.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 01:10 PM

A hard-on for the Oathkeepers.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 01:59 PM

If the land is common land, then why shouldn't he or anyone else use it? That used to be the way that common land worked, anyway, so the Boston Common was common pasturage for anyone who had cattle to feed. It stopped being that a long while ago and became property of the City of Boston. I guess that's the status of federal lands? The feds "own" it so it's not common land?
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 02:17 PM

Sigh.
One of my acquaintances is a conspiracy nut, and sure enough, "Lock and Load!", they are headed to Nevada with all the ammo they can carry. "Remember Waco!" is their rally cry…
I swear, these people WANT a revolution. They WANT to take down the big bad government. They WANT to kill every living being that doesn't agree with them. WTF is wrong with these people??? crazy
Posted by: garyW

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
Sigh.
WTF is wrong with these people??? crazy

and

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 02:45 PM

eeeeYUP.

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 07:06 PM

That is true. It's just that some of the ranchers have large ranches but still want to use public lands to support massive herds. Realizing that it takes much more acreage to support a cow-calf in arid lands, then it would in other more greener regions. . Water and it's control is also a major issue

I hope there is no violence over this.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 07:08 PM

FOX news would be glad to think they have such influence

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/11/14 08:12 PM

Quote:
I hope there is no violence over this.

Me too.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 04:54 AM

American people are really screwed up today with this type of thinking.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 09:07 AM

My B-I-L was ranting about Obamacare REQUIRING all this unnecessary medical testing even though he's on Medicare. He was whining that the Dr required him to have some more tests run!! He remarked he got my baseline tests years ago, why is he requiring new ones?? crazy
I told him all that says is "He was healthy THEN" but doesn't say squat about NOW !! OMG ! I was stunned. WTF do they think, their health NEVER changes and he's in his 70s !! It's totally FKING ILLOGICAL !!

#2 Then he told me this "My doctor told me last week when I was in to see him that a CPA patient of his had a routine blood test come back positive for drugs. Four days later, the man's national association was on the phone with the doctor wanting all the details on the blood test. How did they get this information and what business is it of their's. This crap didn't happen before Obamacare and we haven't seen the worst of it yet!!! "

The CPA guy tested + for Drugs and he wants to know why the guy was put on the hot seat !! It was probably required by LAW that any + tests have to be reported to authorities ! And WhoTF has been pushing more mandatory drug testing and "law and order" society ?? ah GOTP !! duh !! crazy Just like they wanted all the Patriot Act until BO became president !!

I replied to his email, but I doubt it registered… NO logic what so ever in his complaints !
The cause of the disability - Fking Fox News !! mad

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 09:16 AM

Dave, don't be so quick to trash Fox News. They provide a tangible service for the uninformed. They make them misinformed!

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Dave, don't be so quick to trash Fox News. They provide a tangible service for the uninformed. They make them misinformed!

Or as I like to say, . . . they turn the ignorant into DUMBAZZES !! grin

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 12:48 PM

But, Bush isn't in charge now. Evidently the current administration, which has been in office over five years, now is continuing, at least, with the same or similar policies. We may have voted for this group and like his policies but we must still keep watching them carefully. Also we can't can't keep comparing to the old power mongers . They are are the ones to watch now.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 01:58 PM

Dave,

You know once something gets instituted it's very hard to reverse. YES BO is in charge, and he can by EO change some things like GitMO (which I'm very unhappy about.) However if he tried to overturn or repeal the Patriot Act or to roll the big $$ boondoggle- Homeland Security back into the CIA and FBI - the GOP and chicken hawks would have a "puzzy riot "!! whistle

But I pointed this out to show the hypocrisy !! Bush starts it and they're ALL hung ho for it and it WAS pointed out at the time, there'd eventually be a D in the White house. But they blindly plodded on !! NOW many are all POed and whining about "big brother" etc. FK they're the ones that started the whole BS !! Torture and ALL !! mad

Same with my BIL, . . . oh he 's all for random testing people for drugs (mainly blacks & minorities) … except when it might be him or someone he knows… then it's "big brother" all over again. These types of whiners don't have any brains at ALL !! Dummies when it comes to policies, justice, or the Constitution !! (doesn't matter WHO is in power). . . and Fox further "poisons" their pea brains !!

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 02:24 PM

Keeping a weather eye on any administration is essential. I hate that Obama is still killing people more or less at random via drone strikes. I hate that Obama is still jailing people in Guantanamo without judicial review of any sort. I hate that Obama refused to accept public funding in the last election. I hate that Obama is imposing immigration laws more strictly than any president ever has. I hate that Obama is . . . . I could go on and on and on. But the alternative is so much worse, IMHO, that there's no way on earth that I'd vote for any of the Rep suckers.

I'm facing a real conundrum in our gubernatorial race this year. There are three people who are viable democrats in the primary. The one I like the most is the most liberal one (surprise surprise!!). He is vocally for equal pay for equal work. He is vocally for supporting unions. He is vocally for supporting same-sex marriage. He is vocally for funding public education and cutting back as much as is possible on the covert privatization of education via charter schools.

I'm pretty sure I'll vote for him in the primary.

But if he gets chosen to run against the current governor, a real troglodyte (I miss Trog, by the way), I seriously doubt that he'd win in the general election. We're called Pennsyltucky for a reason, after all. Four more years of Gov. Troglodyte might just sink this state beyond the hope of recovery.

What to do, what to do.

Re: Rancher in Nevada - 04/12/14 02:50 PM

Well you may have Gov. Troglodyte, but here in Tex-ass we have Gov. Perrmian !!

…..which explains a lot, since that was the "age of insects" !! whistle

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/17/14 10:00 AM

Heard that many on right are whining about the land being closed to prevent extinction of a rare desert tortoise. Checked it out and it was declared off limits for grazing ... in 1989 !! SO that means he ignored a federal order for 4 years while paying the fees, and another 21 afterwards paying nothing.

SO what's more important- a 100 head of cows or an entire species ?? tongue

and the other claim is his ancestry of the land back to 1877. The ONLY land he owns is 150 acres near the river he grows melons on. The other grazing land his family never owned. He lost several court cases but refuses to accept any of them. What an azzhole !! No wonder the LMB is fed up with him !! they've been trying to be civil to the guy for 2 decades !!

Slap a freeze on all his assets. mad He's just a western welfare king !

Course if GW were still POTUS, Fox wouldn't say squat !! sick

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/17/14 11:08 AM

Don't know where you found this. I tried to find this myself to just see what he really had. I'm also very about just what one gets with so called grazing rights.

So he actually only has deed to 150 acres? Holy ant hill! How big is his herd, I wonder?

I would think that one wouldn't "buy" grazing rights to be "owned" in pituitary , but more like renting them with the provisions up for possible change.

I did find this

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/grazing.html

Which explains it rather well in general terms. Appears the BLM awards permits ten years at a time and in those ten years can change the usage rights up or down a percentage from previous year.

If so, it would appear the BLM refused this guys permit to graze two decDes ago but the guy kept on grazing.

The guy wants free land to graze on but doesent really own much. . That is what you said David.

Another guy who wants a free handout from the government and doesn't play by the rules.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/17/14 05:41 PM

Bundy Timeline Got a lot from here. He does NOT graze cows on HIS 150 acres, grows melons there…he's been using the Fed Land for the cows. I saw this kind of BS abuse under Reagan… let the private sector rape Govt. land for pennies… worst was cyanide (CN) poisoning of an area a gold mining company was using near Yellowstone Natl Park… they paid pennies for the use. Used CN to extract the gold and made NO efforts to clean it up ! mad I'm sure Reagan got a sizable contribution from this company - they got the gold and the taxpayers got the shaft !!

#2 I'll bet these militant bast ids were all for the Bush's Desert Storm and invading Iraq. SO if they don't like the big Fed Govt sticking their nose into their affairs - i.e. on land the Govt owns INSIDE its own borders - then how TF do they justify the Fed sticking their nose into a sovereign country's business 1/2 way around the world ?? (Iraq invasion) They're Fk-ing hypocrites ! mad

Quote:
The guy wants free land to graze on but doesent really own much. . That is what you said David.

That's what I'm seeing. Read the article and tell me how you interpret it, Dave. it IS complex. grin

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/17/14 09:47 PM

The more I read, I am perplexed. I keep seeing that the protesters are claiming the are protecting their freedom and using the constitution. Tell me what freedom are they protecting? I don't see anyone taking their freedom except to pillage grass they don't own.

They keep bringing up that they have used this land since the 1870's. When the government opened up the area for homesteading, many investers went through the area buying up parcels in a checkerboard like pattern. Then turned their cattle loose. Cattle being what they are went from one parcel to the others by trespassing and grazing on the others in between.

Basically they want free grazing on land they don't own. I don't call that freedom.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 07:56 AM

I can hear the sequence of thoughts. The government owns the land. But the government is of the people by the people and for the people. Therefore the people own the land. And I'm a people, so I own the land. If some person or agency keeps me from enjoying the land, then, that is tyranny.

You buy that?

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 08:13 AM

Tyrannysaurus Rex? eek
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 12:02 PM

Quote:
You buy that?

Who wouldn't??

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 12:41 PM

Tyrannysaurus Rex? eek

Don't ya mean Tyrannobama Rex ?? grin

….subspecies benghazisaurus !! laugh

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 01:36 PM

Don't make me come in there… mad

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 02:24 PM

Yes, you own the land .....but not at the exclusion of the other people who also own the land and want some say in how it is to be used.

Now if I actually pay for the land and have papers saying such, I get exclusive rights to how it's used and others , no matter how important they may be can go like the chicken and pluck himself.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 04:44 PM

eek Ok, take a deep breath Steve !!

[Foghorn Leghorn voice] IT was a Joke son, . . a JOKE ! pay attention, I'm talkin' to ya, boy ! a JOKE son !! [/Foghorn Leghorn voice] wink

laugh
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 07:06 PM

Dave's first post sums up my opinion. The legal grounding for the Fed's action is clearly grounded in both the US and Nevada constitutions, not even the ammendments, the bodies of the constitutions. I am sure no one is advocating changing the constitution are they? Cuz while we're at it...
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/18/14 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Bundy Timeline Got a lot from here. He does NOT graze cows on HIS 150 acres, grows melons there…he's been using the Fed Land for the cows. I saw this kind of BS abuse under Reagan… let the private sector rape Govt. land for pennies… worst was cyanide (CN) poisoning of an area a gold mining company was using near Yellowstone Natl Park… they paid pennies for the use. Used CN to extract the gold and made NO efforts to clean it up ! mad I'm sure Reagan got a sizable contribution from this company - they got the gold and the taxpayers got the shaft !!

#2 I'll bet these militant bast ids were all for the Bush's Desert Storm and invading Iraq. SO if they don't like the big Fed Govt sticking their nose into their affairs - i.e. on land the Govt owns INSIDE its own borders - then how TF do they justify the Fed sticking their nose into a sovereign country's business 1/2 way around the world ?? (Iraq invasion) They're Fk-ing hypocrites ! mad

That's what I'm seeing. Read the article and tell me how you interpret it, Dave. it IS complex. grin

My take on Land Use is along the same lines.

I hear the FOX Jerks like Huckabee yelping about
"A Few Blades of Grass" & someone else saying;
"they should be glad to have their LAWN MOWN for FREE"
and other ignorant BS...
...meanwhile I'm thinking about THE DAMAGE Left Behind
by Cattle... big, lumbering beasts with sharp hooves
relentlessly tearing open the grassland, exposing it
to the sun & ongoing drought & wind erosion then
moving on doing more damage as they go.

<klik

The land needs a reasonable time to recover, lest it
become barren desert...

Desertification

At the risk of coming-off like;
"GET OFF MY LAWN!" cry or, "NOT IN MY BACK YARD!"

If the disputed land is indeed PUBLIC LAND, that means
IT'S MINE AS WELL!... And I OBJECT TO This ABUSIVE
Trespass/Theft/Unrestricted Over-Use.. You Name It! mad

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/19/14 04:06 AM

He is a parasite wanting to pay nothing to the government after getting away with this malarkey for over 20 years. The HELL WITH HIM!

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/19/14 05:38 AM

He's also a user being used too ignorant to see it.

Whichever provocateurs that's convinced others to
hide behind women and children should go straight
to bloody prison right along with him...

...and any woman ignorant enough to go along with
this needs their head examined to determine if she's
fit for prison or the whack-0-ward before having
their kids taken away for wreakless endangerment.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/19/14 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

He's also a user being used too ignorant to see it.

Whichever provocateurs that's convinced others to
hide behind women and children should go straight
to bloody prison right along with him...

...and any woman ignorant enough to go along with
this needs their head examined to determine if she's
fit for prison or the whack-0-ward before having
their kids taken away for wreakless endangerment.

I thought the exact same thoughts. Hiding behind the women and kids. Isn't that what many claimed the Iraqis did with their munitions .

As far as grazing by cattle, the grass or vegetation in general is extremely sparse out there. Hardly adequate for cattle anyway IMHO . It takes lots of area for even one cow calf unit. Cattle tend to clump together, not as much as sheep, but still they are social. When they move to water or other places they form a narrow path. This path could be worn pretty quickly with several hundred cattle traipsing along it over time . Could help with the erosion .

But what ranks me is his basic idea that he wants you and me to furnish land so he can raise his cattle while he, himself, owns very little. Hardly none. 150 acres. Give me a break. Hollywood types ( and presidents) might call that a ranch but it's really just a patch.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/19/14 12:29 PM

I am just amazed how TWISTED the GOTP and right wing talkers can spin this BS !!
They use the LOGIC mentality of a 6 yr old !!! crazy

IF they were poor, black, or illegals they'd be all over them as "Takers" !! tongue

They are ALL such BLATANT, LYING HYPOCRITES !! mad

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/19/14 01:35 PM

Oh that is interesting. Very

Also are the comments. Especially from the guy calling himself, "bearbait." Down aways.

As always there is usually two sides and in this case the two sides are mucky between them. I can see both sides.

I am always hesitant to take sides with those who live their lives in one area who try to dictate how others in another area should live. In this case, city folk in the East ( define East from the Colorado border east) thinking they know more about how the ranchers should conduct their livelihood. bearbait does a decent job. The guy talks about the use of clean water interestingly. The article talking about how cattle cut up the grassland and pollute the water as if those millions of bison and deer and elk didn't poop in the woods or trample the stream beds

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/19/14 02:01 PM

Left to their own devices
bison are MIGRATORY animals.
The land is left to recover
after their twice yearly passing.

Not so with this turkey who's
admittedly "been grazing the
SAME LAND for GENERATIONS".

Wanna hear him REALLY SQUAWK? cry
Turn his (...or better yet...
someone else's) cattle loose
in his melon-patch for even
a single afternoon. whistle

The Dept of LAND MANAGEMENT
hopefully, does just that...
...parses out the land under
permit, allowing it to recover
between herds of cattle are
allowed to graze the parcel
of PUBLIC LAND.

Leave it to ME to ASSUME that
this finally "came to a head"
when the drought in eh-hem...
...NEVADA... became a serious
enough issue for the Land
Management to enforce protection
against persistent over-grazing.
((see link for Desertifacation))

.www.drought.gov

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/19/14 04:15 PM

I thin that's a good idea !

Let 200 more cattle on it - it's FREE land… and see how he reacts !! He'd be POed to no end !!
especially if some American indian owned them !! laugh

If anyone is a free-loading illegal immigrant- Bundy IS !! whistle

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 01:17 AM

Yes he probably has been grazing the same area for years but not at the same time. I'm sure he has moved his cattle around to different parts of the area . Ranchers know about this . They don't need some one from Chicago or Washington, D.C. To tell them .

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 01:21 AM

I've always thought it interesting that City dwellers want to make sure farmers and ranchers don't over cut their land but pass laws not allowing people in the city to let their own lawns go to seed. Insisting the keep it mowed

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 03:27 AM

???

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 03:37 AM

That is the GOP Party complete liars.That is why I hate them!
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 05:40 AM

Quote:
but pass laws not allowing people in the city to let their own lawns go to seed. Insisting the keep it mowed

Er … most of those requirements are usually set by owners associations and the like. Actual *laws* are usually predicated on not letting things get *so* bad as to be a fire hazard (long, dry weeds make for excellent kindling). But yes, it is interesting how laws governing land use vary by geography and environment -- whod'a thunk?

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 05:56 AM

Yeah most of the ordinances I've seen prohibit weeds and grass > 6" tall… that's deep. Grass will seed long before that… HAY maybe not ! wink

And it's for what you said - fire prevention… just the same, they give you several warnings… it's not like the yard Gestapo !! Most who get fined are just negligent , stupid, or lazy…
Most the laws (like that) we have are because of some previous disaster, or someone abusing someone else ! They just didn't wake up some AM and say lets make a new law about people's lawns !! crazy

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 06:24 AM

When I was a quasi hippie I was told to cut my hare because it was a fire hazard. Which explains why I've always been tragically hip with flaming hair. laugh

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 07:45 AM

When I moved here I didn't have a mower so my lawn go tall. My land lady called me saying the city notified her. I thought my butterfly garden was doing well whistle

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 08:21 AM

We have "quality of life" laws that include mowing and such. They never get enforced for the real problems, like the abandoned house that neighbors have begun to use as a dumping ground so as to avoid having to pay a trash hauler. Instead, every now and then an "inspector" comes around and gives people tickets (it used to be a warning, but now we're past warnings) because somehow a person's garden aesthetic doesn't please the "inspector." We got a warning a few years ago because my wife has a lot of containers out in the back, where she grows vegetables. The inspector didn't like the containers. It looked trashy, he thought. We ignored the warning. And ate our tomatoes and peppers in peace.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Yes he probably has been grazing the same area for years but not at the same time. I'm sure he has moved his cattle around to different parts of the area . Ranchers know about this . They don't need some one from Chicago or Washington, D.C. To tell them .

Dave

without a doubt...I was merely quoting the foole
if he'd been grazing the same parcel there wouldn't
be a surviving blade o' grass anywhere in sight.

I may be a city-dweller
but I'm also a USDA Certified Garden/Farm Advisor.
One thing we're versed in is Drought Control & Mitigation

thaz y I'm always "on-about"
degree days and disease vector migration and stuff
most "normal" people never bother to think about. crazy

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 09:50 AM

Just "tomatoes and peppers", eh? Suuuuuuuure… blush grin

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 10:09 AM

I've allowed my grass to "Go To Seed"
...and As the Name Implies...
The grass Grows It's OWN SEED! crazy -duh

The result was
the most lush lawn in the neighborhood. laugh
The grass selected the best variety for each area,
out-competed the weeds, and filled-in any bare-spots.

Container Gardens are THE BEST known defense against
THE MOST Dreaded Tomato Disease: Bacterial Wilt

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 10:16 AM

OK, OK--a cuke now and then.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52

OK, OK--a cuke now and then.

A 5 leafed one ?? whistle

laugh

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 01:54 PM

Usually farmers are pretty good stewards of thir land . Not always, of course.

Then, we know the famous BTK serial killer worked for the city of Wichita as code inspector. In this capacity he could check out his victims without any one thinking it was odd.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/20/14 07:29 PM

Only problem here Dave is it's not his land.. so how much interest does he have in seeing it properly managed. He might be a good steward, then again he might feel it's just something to "use". Don't know the answer. He also could be abusing it naively… he may not believe all they environmental "tree hugger" stuff ! laugh

Same way all those smokers denied medical findings for years until the big C caught up with them !! eek

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/21/14 01:23 AM

Exactly. We don't know. Of course, he has had the incentive over the years to keep it up. He has accused the BLM of not doing their required maintenance

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/21/14 03:24 AM

Quote:
He has accused the BLM of not doing their required maintenance
Which is the oldest, most hackneyed, and predictable play in the book. Sit in on any custody hearing and hear both parents demean the parenting skills of the other. One could open a successful deli with that much baloney.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/21/14 03:41 AM

Exactly. We don't know. Of course, he has had the incentive over the years to keep it up. He has accused the BLM of not doing their required maintenance

Dave

may-be
since had they been doing their job
they'd have extracted the Land Maintenance Fee
or locked him out of the pasture land at least 10 yrs ago.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/21/14 05:49 AM

Yeah I agree and WHY should BLM maintain it when he's not paying Fees ?

He's full of bull caca !! tongue

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/21/14 07:09 AM

I don't know but from an earlier story he had mentioned that during the time he had been paying fees before 1993, the BLM wasn't doing maintenance that was part of the agreement and that was one of the reasons he quit paying.

But, of course, what Steve said is very true.

But in any case, the contracts he signs are for ten years , so he has reneged on two, now three contract periods, while, which he has continued to graze his cattle with no payment . Payment was a paltry $1.34 per month for each cow calf that was on it.

Seems pretty clear to me
Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/21/14 07:42 AM

The other question is what is BLM maintenance ?
Are they supposed to plant new sod each year !! laugh

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/21/14 08:01 PM

I gather it's roads and stuff.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/22/14 03:33 AM

Roads and stuff are infrastructure. Which used to be a bipartisan issue. Until Obama was elected. smirk

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/22/14 03:37 AM

This farmer is not a steward but a parasite screwing the government again I reiterated for over 20 years.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/22/14 05:32 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
This farmer is not a steward but a parasite screwing the government again I reiterated for over 20 years.

You've been reiterating this for 20 years??

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/22/14 06:30 AM

Well yah. Haven't you been payin' a-ten-shun? tongue

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/22/14 08:39 AM

get it now?>>>>>> sock puppet and attention manipulation all rolled into one. Perfect-O.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/24/14 06:43 PM

OK - after Bundy's incredible wurds today - the GOTP and Conservative talking heads are stampeding AWAY from this unstable NUT case !! Don't they EVER check these guys out before they jump ? Apparently NOT !! Dumbazzes !! crazy

I love the hypocrisy - oh we support him breaking the law and defying the Feds, but if a latino comes to the USA and breaks the immigration law.. oh it's "Hang em High !! WTF is the difference?

I just love to hear them try to 'splain the diff-rence ! tongue

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/24/14 10:59 PM

Yup

and I've been wondering throughout
what would-have-happened had a segment of
the population who'd been SHUT-OUT of Exercising
---say--- THEIR RIGHT TO VOTE ---or something
started rallying and advocating TAKING TO THEIR GUNS.

While this would INDEED be considered SUPREMELY PATRIOTIC

Do you think for even a nano-second that A-Hole Ted Nugant
would be out there on their behalf? LOL yeah, neither do I!
laugh

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/24/14 11:22 PM

Interesting the mention of his being on welfare by grazing on public land for nothing because that is exactly what it is. He is on welfare and his family has been at the government trough for 135 years .

He wants to talk about racial groups, jus wait until they talk about Mormons

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 05:17 AM

This isn't how Mormons act.

In fact Mormons are opposed to what the Bundy family is doing.
Within any one faith there will always be the malcontents.
Here is one such article.

http://lds.net/blog/buzz/news-buzz/opinion/bundy-ranch-article/

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
This isn't how Mormons act.

In fact Mormons are opposed to what the Bundy family is doing.
Within any one faith there will always be the malcontents.
Here is one such article.

http://lds.net/blog/buzz/news-buzz/opinion/bundy-ranch-article/

Not to mention "His Arch Nemesis"

the whole "NOT-ONE-OF-US" BS starts to unravel
when one realizes that not only does he share
the SAME State , but the SAME Religion As Well.

The soft-spoken Senator from Navada could afford
to order the BLM to 'stand-down' but stand ready. whistle

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 06:01 AM

Now Fox and Fiends says WHY do we send 200 agents there when there are rapists, murders, and thieves out in society (Hannity)…

well #1: he elevated the case to National Attention, and

#2: If you let hims slide (to use GOTP words) you embolden other (terrorists) to do the same !

IF this jerk can mooch off the taxpayers for 20+ years; WHY should I pay my income tax ? OR why should I pay grazing fees. AND from what I heard last night he's getting a BIG DISCOUNT. others are paying `$16 / month/ cow… he's being asked to pay about $1.50 / month/ cow !!! WTF!! mad AND this guy is complaining !! What an arrogant Azz !! mad mad

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Now Fox and Fiends says WHY do we send 200 agents there when there are rapists, murders, and thieves out in society (Hannity)…

well #1: he elevated the case to National Attention, and

#2: If you let hims slide (to use GOTP words) you embolden other (terrorists) to do the same !

Spot-On

Furthermore, This ATTENTIONWHORE PoS
SHOULD Go Straight to Bloody Guantanamo
for The CRIME of Inciting INSURRECTION!

...but on a lighter note...
Jon Stewart vs Sean inSannity____

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 07:23 AM

At the end of the day, we're really left with a kook. It's as simple as that. Now he's made fools of Hammity and all the other right wing politicians and media shills who thought they had a genuine cause celeb.

And the DLM executed the perfect strategy by walking away from a potentially violent outcome to deal with the problem through the legal system, and also made fools of the Armageddon seeking militia mashugenahs. They look like a support group for jilted teens who thought they were gonna get lucky on date night — and didn't.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 07:44 AM

Yup
just another Joe The Plummer,
Terri Schiavo, Herman Caine "999"er

you'd think they'd think/learn crazy
...or vice versa

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 08:10 AM

OH yeah and those militia were "real men" crazy … going to put the women in FRONT to emphasize the sickening violence. sick

not in but chicken-sh_t, mothera fokkers !! mad

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 08:20 AM

Well, jus' betwixt thee and me and the lamppost, I think the media needs to walk away from this the same way the Feds did. Not only is he denying his racism, but now he claims that if blacks are offended by what he says, it's because MLK didn't do his job. crazy

It's time to deny this pre-senile idiot another 15 seconds of fame. Unplug the mics and go home.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 12:14 PM

Absolutely !!! mad

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 05:58 PM

No it's not. Just saying that some refer to the Mormons in racial epithets .

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 06:04 PM

No it's not. Just saying that some refer to the Mormons in racial epithets .
Dave

That's stupid and uncalled for ! I don't agree with all the Mormon philosophy, but they have a right to their religion ! It's a lot better than some folks !! wink

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 08:21 PM

I've known quite a few Mormons and they have been good people in the general sense. In fact, I haven't known a not good Mormon .

I do remember a comment one member made once in regard to why it took them so long to admit African Americans into their fold. His response , in all seriousness, was they had just improved as a group to be worthy to be Saints.

Hmmmm

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/25/14 08:28 PM

EWE- bouy !! crazy

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/26/14 03:01 AM

Are you the troll Steve?

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/26/14 03:39 AM

It just occurred to me that ol' Clive-alive-o either looks older than his years, or he's very likely on Medicare and probably collecting Social Security. If that's the case, the SSA should just inform him that since he doesn't recognize the Fed, the Fed doesn't recognize him, and suspend his bennies and cancel his health coverage. Seems fair, yes?

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/26/14 03:55 AM

Hayuk hayuck... Golleee, Marv — you're such a wit!

Ok, so I'm half right. smirk

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/26/14 04:54 AM

LOL laugh excellent point…

Also he can't ever drive on an Interstate !! or take a flight anywhere !
AND do NOT use the Postal service. mad

And if he has an outbreak of anthrax or Brucellosis, doan be a calling the CDC !!

laugh (course we knew you were fiendishly clever Steve ! ) whistle

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/26/14 05:58 AM

If I recall, this was one of Gary's Many Jewels:

<<klk 2 embiggen>>

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/26/14 08:28 PM

Some may agree to that if they could have all the funds they've paid into the system refunded with interest. These programs are not a gift from a benevolent government but by taxes folks have paid.

Dave

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 04/27/14 06:04 AM

I agree.

Also it bothers me when some people rail about the government. The government is people – people who work and do service for the citizens of this country. They are the same as people who go and serve in the military. I do not understand why the military is always deemed infallible and its people are praised (which they should be), but government workers are treated like leeches. They BOTH serve the country. Now you can argue that soldiers may have to put their lives on the line and that is true – but only about 25-30 % of the military serve in a combat fashion; all of the rest are for support. And even those in combat units are not always on the front line – many can serve tours and never see 1 day of combat ( unless you have a dummy for President like Dubya who wants to use you like pawns on a chessboard). I just don't think the disparity between the two types of people serving this country should be so extreme.

The other thing that annoys me is that some people always scream about the bureaucrats in Washington. But the bureaucrats in Washington are following the rules that are established by Congress (i.e. your elected representatives.) So if they want to scream about the bureaucrats, they should scream about their Congressman! They are the ones who make the stupid rules that the bureaucrats are forced to follow ! tongue [/rant]

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/01/14 06:01 PM

This guy has African American conservatives talking on youtube, defending him, saying his comments were referring to the need for blacks to empower themselves. Huh?

Here is a direct quote from this guy, "They abort their young children and they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton." It's okay to be a conservative, black or otherwise, and denounce this guy. He is not your friend.
Posted by: zwei

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/07/14 10:18 AM

Have you guys been seeing the reports of all the militia wandering around stopping residents and asking to see their papers? Man, I would not want to live anywhere near that place...

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/07/14 10:58 AM

Papers? They are becoming what they are fighting against. crazy

Hey, Zwei!

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/07/14 11:10 AM

Rep. Hosford has been asking the Gov and sheriffs to do something about it. So far, crickets. When some innocent local gets shot by one of these yahoos… Ugh, they'll claim SYG.
Posted by: zwei

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/07/14 11:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
Papers? They are becoming what they are fighting against. crazy

Hey, Zwei!

Link-o ...and the guy in the video compares Cliven to George Washington. lol ...and "Everything is in God's hands"

Scary crap.

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/07/14 11:37 AM

Can anyone sing… "Drone,… drone… on the range !!" whistle

laugh

(kiddin of course !)

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/07/14 10:23 PM

Dave. Like. smile

Re: Rancher in Nevada -new twist - 05/08/14 03:28 AM

It is really sad what this once great country the U.S.A. has become lately.Really tragic indeed.