Cummings Vs Issa

Posted by: DLC

Cummings Vs Issa - 03/05/14 07:16 PM

Issa- azzhole got his up-Cummings today !! wink

VERY INTERESTING !!

Like Benghazi -the GOTP witch hunts have NO FACTUAL support (AND don't want to be called on it) so they're going to pull up their pants and close the game and go home to mommy !!

Good for Cummings !!

Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/06/14 02:55 AM

Issa is one Ass---e which he is getting more dumber every time he starts his little crap about the IRS which is a joke! I am glad Cummings stood up to him and let him have it which he rightly deserves.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/06/14 03:16 AM

Not surprisingly, Issa actually violated a couple of DC bar guidelines by calling a witness who had already stated she would continue to take the 5th. And after previously asking her attorney if there might be a proffer, Issa refused to accept it. Why, because the proffer may very well have blown a basketball-sized hole in the bottom of Issa'a dinghy.

Stay classy, Darrell. mad

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/06/14 04:03 AM

[rant] IMHO, this should be a test of leadership for Boneher (yeah, and I believe in unicorns, too). It is the Speaker who makes committee appointments and it would be expected that members of his/her party would be favored for those assignments and for the chair. Regardless, as Representatives first and committee members second, all have an obligation to do the People's work according the Constitution and the principles of democracy.

When you have committee members and worse a chairperson overtly sneering at that obligation and acting on purely political, ideological (and in this case theatrical) motives, those persons should be immediately removed from their seats by the Speaker.

Issa, who BTW is the wealthiest member of the House, has been acting from day one like a petulant, spoiled brat and has willfully and irreparably damaged the concept of impartial oversight. If Boneher is unwilling to be the stern, responsible parent of this nasty little sht, then he, too, has shown himself to be even less competent and less worthy of the gavel than we previously thought. [/rant (maybe)]

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/06/14 07:29 AM

Speaking of Issa's questionable behavior...
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/06/14 08:04 AM

Boner wants the woman charged with contempt of Congress (I'd say--get it line, lady!). But is it really possible to charge someone for exercising a Constitutional right?

Really?

If that's possible, then what happens to the absoluteness of other rights, like 1st or 2nd or 3rd or . . .

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/06/14 08:25 AM

Boneher doesn't know Jack a/b law. I wouldn't let him represent me over a parking ticket.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/07/14 02:41 AM

I do not think you have the balls to tell that to John B. in person Steve.

Re: Cummings Vs Issa - 03/07/14 02:47 AM

Another profound and thought-provoking comment from you, Marv. How do you do it?