Posted by: steveg

I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/14/14 01:12 PM

NOT! mad
Posted by: DLC

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/14/14 02:13 PM

Bunch of Neanderthal cork suckers! mad
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/14/14 02:42 PM

They just want only the "right" people voting. The "others" are just terrists! crazy

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 06:47 AM

You mean "right wing, right?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 07:42 AM

If we get three rights, it's a left, right?

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 07:48 AM

That's up to you — if you're down with it. whistle

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 08:21 AM

And the hits just keep on comin' hereabouts. Today's front page screamer:
Quote:
Ohio to execute six inmates in 2014

Ohio has six executions scheduled this year, double the amount the past two years and bucking the national trend of putting fewer killers to death.

The first of the six scheduled is Thursday’s execution of Preble County’s Dennis McGuire.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 09:04 AM

What am I missing? Wouldn't that affect both sides?

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 09:10 AM

Of course it would. But the right is only interested in limiting Democrat votes because they figure they have more angry old white men and wealthy folk than the Dems have minorities and poor. Fuzzy math or willful stupidity?

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 09:21 AM

If you look at all of the states that have passed — or are attempted to pass — new restrictive voting laws, everyone is a red (Repugnican-led state houses and legislatures). And like Texas, literally within hours of the SCOTUS gutting Section 5 from the VRA, previously DOJ-denied bills were exhumed and voted into law.

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/15/14 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
What am I missing? Wouldn't that affect both sides?

Not really, everyone knows that only dead Democrats vote twice !! tongue GOTP

laugh

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/17/14 12:22 PM

And, it appears, they can't even get it right. mad

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/17/14 03:22 PM

Heard that- it was terrible !! Apparently all these hard azz states are looking for new drugs for lethal injection because the European Rx companies cut them off !!

Maybe in their wisdom (cough cough) they'll go back to hangings and firing squads in the public square !! tongue
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/17/14 05:17 PM

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 03:57 AM

Thanks. Nothing like starting the day with sloopy seconds. tongue

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 04:31 AM

I post that since it is the official rock song of your State of Ohio.

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 04:36 AM

Just Google "GOP admits to voter suppression".

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 04:51 AM

And Kasich and Husted are the official two-headed cockroach of OH.
Posted by: Papa

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 07:18 AM

The Missouri legislators are introducing a bill to bring back the firing squad. The Department of Corrections is being sued because they are apparently buying their lethal injection drugs from a Dollar General store in Elbonia.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 08:26 AM

That Sloopy girl . . . she alright cause who needs a bra, eh?

Question: when did they invent the art of lip synching?

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 12:57 PM

My eyes are still bouncing up and down. grin

Reading some of the comments I didn't realize that Rick Derringer was the lead singer. Wiki says his name used to be Richard Zehringer. Fun trivia for the day.

The girl is Liz Derringer, his first wife.

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 03:59 PM

Eweee,,, I was jokin' !, but apparently they're not ! eek Surprised they don't bring back the electric chair... most states except Utah used that before lethal injection.

Yeah it's a bitch when some companies stand up for what they believe in (no capital punishment). Surprised some company in US hasn't picked up the drugs... I don't think they're patented- been around a long time. I'd think the firing squad would be messy !! BLood everywhere ! sick . . . . tongue

I have mixed emotions about capital punishment- I wouldn't use it except in EXTREME cases- like <1% of cases that warranted the death penalty, it's actually cheaper to give them Life NO Parole !. (legal costs to state much less) . . but on those very heinous cases, I'd make them suffer for many minutes before death.. like they did their victims... so that's OUT !! smirk

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 05:04 PM

I think there was some debate about that being his wife... unless you found something that states that?

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 05:09 PM

This was his 2nd? wife , Jenda. Looks like he preferred blondes with a certain type... of.. uh.... funbags.

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/18/14 05:14 PM

Looks like Liz turned her opportunity into gold. She became a music reporter for CNN.

Although Derringer is well-known for her outgoing personality, effective inter-personal skills, and acute business sense, she humbly attributes much of her success to the friends she has made along the way. Among them are famed Pop Artists the late Andy Warhol and Peter Max, former President of the Grammy’s Michael Greene, NBC TV’s Senior Vice-President of Promotion, Frank Radice and international Supermodels Rosie Vela and Jerry Hall. However, Derringer’s premier network stemmed through her marriage to one of rock’s great guitar legends, Rick Derringer, with whom she traveled with extensively, getting to know many of entertainment’s finest. The rock life became of great interest to Derringer and ultimately with encouragement from Andy Warhol, who started Interview Magazine, enticed her to interview some of the biggest stars of the day, from Mick Jagger and Peter Gabriel to Jimmy Page and Sting. Her likable, outgoing demeanor and natural ability to incite good conversation captured major attention which eventually led to a career conducting interviews for some of the nation’s leading publications such as Interview Magazine, Playboy, and The New York Daily News. The reputation she gained catapulted into her own a position as a music reporter for CNN.

More after the jump.
http://derringermedia.com/about_page.html

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/19/14 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
I think there was some debate about that being his wife... unless you found something that states that?
Uhh, yeah, the Google. tongue

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/19/14 03:38 AM

Google? I think Giggle would be more appropriate. blush

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/19/14 04:49 AM

Jiggle?

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/19/14 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Uhh, yeah, the Google. tongue

OK smarty.. I used the Google too... and was the Google that told me there was a debate as to if it was her.

Re: I'm so glad I live in Ohio... - 01/19/14 05:03 AM

It's called poetic brand license. I guess I forgot the ®.