Marry 'em young - 12/28/13 10:39 AM

and illegal, I imagine.

But then, a joke's a joke--right? crazy
Posted by: steveg

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/28/13 11:37 AM

And not loading, either.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/28/13 02:10 PM

Loads for me, but if it doesn't load, here you go.

Posted by: DLC

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/28/13 03:11 PM

What tha' Duck ? grin

Not gonna listen, he's a neanderthal ! (like many in the TP ! ) . . . no surprise there !
course most who take the Bible literally ARE !! crazy

"just believe . . saves all them thar neu-ons N-ergie !!" sick

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 02:50 AM

For some reason, the page was hanging. Anyway… The man (and his likely inbred kin) are laughing all the way to the bank. Trust me, they're loving every group they dis because this whole thing has made them cash-sucking villains and martyrs at the same time.

As usual, the media goes apishˇt and the lemmings follow, when in fact, the best way to shut down attention seekers is to deny them the spotlight. IMHO, hate speech is like the tree that falls in the woods when no one is there to hear it. The only thing I detest more than the words of these slugs is the attention we give them.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 04:40 AM

I think the problem is the producers of the shows that creat these reality stye shows. I can remember when A&E stood for arts and entertainment and where one could find great programs of plays, musica concerts and Masterpiece Theatre. Now it's storage wars and the ilk.

Channels such as Discovery, TLC, A&E, History, Food, APL, HGTV used to have worthwhile programing but now it's all reality. Just ways to sell advertising, which in many cases is the same ads repeated. It's common to have the same ad pitched twice during the same commercial break.

Of course many of the viewers are to blame also as they watch these shows because it gives them people and lifestyle to laugh at.

Dave

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 04:47 AM

I'm working on a new reality series that I intend to pitch to the Comedy Channel. It's about a bunch of geek wannabes with no lives who hang out in an online forum about Macs and politics. But it may be too bizarre for the audience to grasp.

BTW, the working title is Post Hole-Diggers. whistle
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 07:53 AM

Dung Flingers laugh
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 08:34 AM

I'm not sure that silence is the way to respond to these folks. One reason that they are in the news is that . . . they're in the news. They're on the most popular reality tv show in the nation. I'm not quite sure what that means because I don't know what a reality show is. But a sizable percentage of the population watches the show. So when one of the "stars" of the show speaks you're sort of obliged to pay attention and, reactionary though it is, react. Not to react would mean that the statements of the "star" sounds in the ears of a sizable percentage of the population with no response at all. And I'm not sure that's the best result.

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 08:56 AM

I didn't say anything about silence or no response. What I'm talking about is not making it into a media frenzy. Because the attention — and resulting dollars — they get as a result is what further emboldens them. It reinforces trash talk as a profit center. The network could have censured Robinson quietly and without the fanfare. And those commercial ventures — like Cracker Barrel — could've removed the merch without the hype as well.

Want a good example of how not to do it? Look at Sarah Palin. If the media just ignored her ignorant ass, she'd be sorry shadow and nothing more.

'Nudder words. there's a big diffy btwn being silent and ignoring. IMHO, the latter is the more effective muzzle.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 01:30 PM

WHattta gonna do with your new found stardom, Steve !! laugh

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
I'm working on a new reality series that I intend to pitch to the Comedy Channel. It's about a bunch of geek wannabes with no lives who hang out in an online forum about Macs and politics. But it may be too bizarre for the audience to grasp.

BTW, the working title is Post Hole-Diggers. whistle

I volunteer to be the poster boy cry

Dave

Re: Marry 'em young - 12/29/13 01:49 PM

But then we have this latest that seems to me about a news blogger who digs into the archives of this guy to find something else to beat him up on. I'm sure he could find crap on a lot of folks but then they weren't "news worthy"

In my opinion, he's just an actor and as such his opinion is worth no more or less than anyone else, including my barber or anyone hear

Dave