Warren bows out...

Posted by: NucleusG4

Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 05:05 AM

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/col...ry_clintons_way
Posted by: steveg

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 05:51 AM

I don't think she ever seriously considered it. It was the media draping her in Presidential aspirations, if you ask me. But 2020 Yeah, you go, Girl!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 10:22 AM

Yeah the GOTP is probably pooping their diapers because the Dems won't have a "free for all" like the GOTP will probably have in 2016 that will make them wish for the 2012 debates again ! They'll all be scrambling to see how far to the right they can go and appear to be "good 'publicans " to the TP !! Course the comedians will rejoice at the GOTP debates... lots of material, and so short a time !! laugh

I think the whole Warren thing was media made up BS anyway !! if you don't have a story- create one !! sick

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 11:06 AM

Of course, if Hillary is elected (and I believe she will be), nothing will change in Congress unless Dems take back the House and keep the Senate. The right will replace racism and hate with misogyny and sexism, and the obstruction will keep on keepin' on.

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 12:29 PM

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 02:30 PM

Yeah but Steve what puzzles me is "Can Hillary really be elected President?"... I mean she was born in Japan wasn't she... she'll instigate a Bhuddist takeover !! She'll fill her cabinet with Monks !! OMG, we can't let that happen !! grin

laugh
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 02:42 PM

What the Dems have to worry about is not the Republicans who wouldn't vote for Hillary anyways, but the Dems who wont vote for her either. My mom is about as liberal as they come and she will under no circumstances vote for Hillary. Not sure specifically why, but she's pretty vehement about it. Accusations from the right of a Japanese Bhuddahgate will be the least of Hillary's problems should she run ...

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 07:05 PM

You should ask your Mom why. I'm sure she has reasons and they might be legit. Hillary is no saint, BUT compared to many politicians esp. on the far right she IS !! She's made mistakes; is not perfect; but she's much better than most... plus she's smart, served our country in many capacities... and is genuinely a good lady.

Remind your mom that whatever she holds against Hillary, her opposition has probably done that 5 X over !! WHO in the GOP is less flawed ? I don't see any... it's not even a close contest to me !

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 08:31 PM

I'm guessing your Mom has it in for Hillary because she stood by Bill after cheating on her.

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 08:38 PM

I think the risk is less between Hillary and whoever the GOP candidate would be, but between Hillary and a third option (even if that would mean not voting at all). A Hillary vs. Christie race would be huge, HUGE trouble for Hillary. Hillary vs., say, Scott Walker would depend entirely on who else might be running as independent/third party. Mom might well vote her conscience or not vote at all. The animus is that deep.

Make no mistake, Hillary *will* have her problems with many on the left. She is by no means a lock on their votes.

(oops -- replied to the wrong post. Apologies ;-)

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
I'm guessing your Mom has it in for Hillary because she stood by Bill after cheating on her.

And I'm guessing that your guess is based solely on my mother being a woman. See how that works?
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/06/13 09:13 PM

I think that there's lots of reason to be wary of the Clintons, boy and girl both. They're founding members of the "New Democrats," who made the party electorally competitive by hauling it over to the right pretty hard. Obama follows suit, more or less. The result is really that there is not real liberal party in the US. Maybe that's inevitable, I don't know.

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/07/13 02:32 AM

Dude, get with it. A mom being a woman ain't even a lock anymore!

**Cue the Westboro Baptist Church** grin

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/07/13 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one
Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

And I'm guessing that your guess is based solely on my mother being a woman. See how that works?

LOL. Not what I was exactly thinking.. but it works.
Why don't you ask her?
And anyways.. I was extremely surprised that she did stand by him... till I realized it was also for the country... and maybe for love.
Sorry if my comment sounded biased.
Thanks for showing me how it works.

Re: Warren bows out... - 12/07/13 11:11 AM

Yeah I understand... like Cheney stood by W !! wink

(or was it visa versa? ) laugh