Push it, Harry!

Posted by: steveg

Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 09:22 AM

PUSH IT!!!
Posted by: garyW

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 09:56 AM

Then there's this:

McConnell suggested that Democrats want to push for filibuster reform simply because they need something to distract angry Americans from the truth about Obamacare.

laugh
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 10:22 AM

Fission!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 10:30 AM

About Fing TIME!!
Wished he'd done this in Jan.

course the GOP will scream, but how many times did McConnell promise Reid the GOP would be more responsible and follow the intent of the filibuster (rate) & just continued the SOS!!?? mad

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 10:33 AM

McConnell is speaking from one POV only: Primary!
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg

Make it so.

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 11:01 AM

And now the truth can be told… This was meant to distract angry Americans from the job/baby/senior/women-killing ACA website. Which was meant to distract siwwy wepubwicans from Benghazi. Which was meant to distract them from the reality that Bin Laden was never killed but kept in the back room of a 7-11 until Obama could appoint him — without obstruction — to the SCOTUS. Bring on the Sharia law!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE! crazy laugh
Posted by: garyW

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 01:24 PM

mad

GOP still able to obstruct the judicial appointments by not showing up to committee:

Quote:

The Senate Judiciary Committee held an executive business meeting to consider pending nominations and legislation on November 21, 2013. A quorum was not present, and the Committee was not able to complete action on pending matters. The meeting recessed subject to the call of the Chair.

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/21/13 04:33 PM

Well 2 things - 1. show the american people the GOTP are AWOL - taking their salary but skipping the job ! Everyone hates loafers and welfare kings !! laugh

OR

2. Change the rules and pass by a majority present.

What piss ants and poor losers !! mad
What POs me is McConnell said 5-6 years ago these should be decided by an up or down vote- when they were GWs nominees... shows clearly they're hypocrites and just F-ing the system !! (surprise - surprise ! we're shocked ! crazy )
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/22/13 08:34 AM

They got what they wanted and, now they're pissed about it. crazy

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/22/13 09:01 AM

If there was ever any doubt that this litter of Repugnicans is the most juvenile bunch ever elected to Congress, said doubt is now put to rest. smirk

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/22/13 09:46 AM

OF COURSE... they're like a 6 yr old spoiled BRAT ! (not hot dog)

I was surprised to hear this AM that >50% of the appointments hung up by filibutering in the Senate have happened under BO (i.e. last 5 years > all previous years combined)!! What I also loathe is the GOP saying - the Dems did it too... but NOT on that level... quantitatively the GOTP has them beat 3 to 1 !! It is NOT the SAME (which they try to sell).

I think we're going to descend into legislative HELL !!
I also hope the American people see that what ever happens, the GOTP "leaders" (read mouthpieces) have EXACTLY the same "line of comment" to the EXACT same words !! - Doesn't this indicate they are being coached and given matching orders... WHF is doing this? Boehner, McConnell, or someone like Fox, Rush, or the Koch Bros. Same nouns, verbs and phrases in between**... isn't THAT kinda scary ?? Like "Heil, somebody"! eek

** well we know from Paul they like plagarism !! laugh

Posted by: Celandine

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/22/13 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
I also hope the American people see that what ever happens, the GOTP "leaders" (read mouthpieces) have EXACTLY the same "line of comment" to the EXACT same words !! - Doesn't this indicate they are being coached and given matching orders... WHF is doing this? Boehner, McConnell, or someone like Fox, Rush, or the Koch Bros. Same nouns, verbs and phrases in between**... isn't THAT kinda scary ?? Like "Heil, somebody"! eek

** well we know from Paul they like plagarism !! laugh

smirk At the risk of sounding like a broken record:

FOX NEWS [INSIDER] Frank Luntz

Frank Luntz

Luntz's description of his job revolves around
exploiting the emotional content of language.

"Words That Work:
It's Not What You Say,
It's What People Hear.".pdf

...or as Mom would say:
"He Makes the SnowBalls & THEY Throw Them!"
wink

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/22/13 04:52 PM

When you see those judical appointment numbers, 81 for many Presidents and 82 for BO alone, it's SO lopsided even an idiot could see it. THAT's what they need to show- over and over... that's why the Nuclear option; but ONLY on appointments, NOT everything !! What's worse is both sides have flipped and the GOP would be doing the same damm thing (but 5 years earlier) if it were their President !! mortor forkers !! mad

One Dem on Ed's show said they'll likely keep the filibuster rule on legislation next Jan (new session rules) BUT will require the filibustering Senators to stand and hold the floor... no more protests and the Senators go home or to a bar ! They have to do it like Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith !! I think the American voters will agree with that !! The filibuster rules got FAR TOO LAX and sloppy !! The GOP has only themselves to blame but like the shutdown, it's ALWAYS someone else's fault !! sick . . ..motor fokkers !! mad
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/22/13 09:28 PM

I Saw It (The Chart)
However YOU'RE WRONG!

You DON'T FORK MORTAR
...You Use a TROWEL! grin

Re: Push it, Harry! - 11/23/13 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Celandine

I Saw It (The Chart)
However YOU'RE WRONG!

You DON'T FORK MORTAR