Radical right

Posted by: yoyo52

Radical right - 11/17/13 09:04 AM

This is a bit long, but worth reading. I think that the analysis of the rightward turn is mostly correct. I have no doubt that racial divides are a major major part of it. IMHO, it's always been that way. As the old definition of racism put it, "Racism is rich white men laughing all the way to the bank." The economic disasters of the 21st century, the disastrous foreign policy of the first decade of this century, the easy illogical leap from love of country[-as-it-used-to-be] to hatred of country[as-it-now-is], the rhetorical exploitation of resentment--all of that is here, and more.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Radical right - 11/17/13 12:00 PM

The far right (FR) has perpetrated the almost perfect con-game. They attacked the middle class workers with globalization through things like NAFTA and other agreements that made the billionaires on Wall ST sing while selling out most American workers, esp. labor. Then they suckered them into believing it was the Federal Govt., NOT their party (GOP) that did it. Too bad Clinton signed off on the GOP plan, it'd be more clear if he hadn't ! The workers didn't even heed the warnings of a conservative business mogul, Perot ! frown

The FR even suckered them into going to Iraq to save "their oil" in 1990 and back again in 2003 !! "Fool me once...fool me twice" , ain't it specially nice ! sick
The FR have kept the masses mostly ignorant through defunding education and letting its problems fester and go septic while blaming the teachers who have an impossible job. ... kept the sheep divided with gay rights, abortion, prayer, illegals... and other BS !

They have been most successful !! I know several in my own family that have "drunk the Kool-Aid"... not going to try to change their opinions or perspective... I'd have better luck with Michelle Bachmann ! They have NO ability to analytically think, and deduce; they've been trained by Fox to ignore FACTS . . so it'd be a BIG waste of time.

Pretty sad situation !! mad
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Radical right - 11/17/13 12:22 PM

Good Article..
I archived it.

Re: Radical right - 11/17/13 12:30 PM

Spot-On (You're absolutely correct)

Bang-On, Mate (Continue telling it like it is, Brother)

LOL You sound like you're describing my kid brother.
frown Doano why I'm larking about it, ...it IS Sad. frown
Posted by: steveg

Re: Radical right - 11/17/13 02:57 PM

Interesting. I almost feel myself empathizing with these people on some very basic level. It's as if you can feel the squeeze yourself reading this. But the willful decision to react and internalize rather than fight toward the light is where my empathy ends and, frankly, my unease begins.

Tanx for posting it.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Radical right - 11/17/13 05:05 PM

Forgot to mention one other KEY element... that is propaganda via FR commentators like Rush , Hannity, Beck, etc and the never ending Fox news. Did you ever notice, go into most businesses that have a TV for their customers in the waiting room and it's ALWAYS on Fox News... sick
geezz, the corporations /businesses never miss an opportunity to brainwash !! Makes Goebbels look like a Boy Scout !! Bars even have Fox on... Kee rist I don't expect MSNBC but can't you get something closer to neutral or with more than 1 point of view ?? GOD forbid we turn on PBS ! They don't even like CNN, too f-king moderate !!

And why not put Fox on everywhere ? ? . . the FR billionaires own a huge amount of media... and they KNOW how to use it to keep their game going** !! mad

**PS sorry BUT I even see similarities between bashing the illegals and what the Nazis did to the Jews in 1930 Germany... it's THEIR fault you don't have a job and it's in China, ...it's THEIR fault your income has dropped,... it's THEIR fault and they're sucking up your tax $ . . .it's THEIR fault and their trying to steal your vote.... eek

sound familiar ?? mad

Re: Radical right - 11/17/13 05:45 PM

yeah... my brother's addicted to Beck

yeah... what the heck is with that...
in ALL the Freaking Waiting Rooms??? shocked

It's as if they get the TV for FREE...
...as long as they play FOX NOISE 24/7

and YES..
...about The SCAPEGOATING "The Illegals"
for being to blame for every shortfall...
yet the KoolAidItes are totally Clueless
that the root cause was 'DUHbya' BORROWING
from CHINA to Pay for TWO UNNECESSARY WARS
...then when Obama was elected, and elected
to PAY For The Wars the way wars had always
been funded... The RIGHTIES (wrongies?)
blamed him for RUNNING UP THE DEFICIT... and
losing the JOBS that were Off-Shored by under
the table deals GWDouche cut with the Chinese.