Pubs who voted against

Posted by: lanovami

Pubs who voted against - 10/17/13 06:25 PM

Interesting article about the motivations of those who voted against the bill (you know which one):

"In the House, Reps. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia and Steve Daines of Montana supported the bill. All three are well-positioned to win the Republican nomination for Senate seats currently controlled by Democrats.

Cotton is challenging vulnerable Sen. Mark Pryor, D-Ark., the son of the state's former senator and governor. Cotton said supporting the bill gave Congress time to "stop Washington's out-of-control spending," but his vote put him at odds with the Club for Growth. The group has supported Cotton and been airing ads in Arkansas criticizing Pryor's connection to Obama's health care law."

I think this could be used against them too. Any challenger for a seat these guys want to keep should wait for a debate and then ask the question, "If it came down to it and your vote had actually been necessary to pass The Bill, would you have voted for the gov't to default and keep in a state of shutdown to further your ideological interests" I'd love to hear the "ums and ahs while they tried to think of a way to answer that.

the article
Posted by: DLC

Re: Pubs who voted against - 10/17/13 08:17 PM

Yeah I just wrote Louie Gohmert today and said he was a "dangerous fool" and to "PLease NOT lecture us on the budget or deficits again since he was ready to send us into default and cost us $24 billion !"

And I hoped his "unwarranted influence could be corrected in Nov 2014 !!" wink

SHORT, not sweet, and to the point ! mad
Posted by: steveg

Re: Pubs who voted against - 10/18/13 02:23 AM

Did you write to him directly, or to the staffer who reads to him? wink

Re: Pubs who voted against - 10/18/13 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Did you write to him directly, or to the staffer who reads to him? wink

Actually I wrote Ted Cruz and he'll incorporate it into Louie's bedtime story tonight, Green Eggs and Ham ! wink
Posted by: steveg

Re: Pubs who voted against - 10/18/13 08:51 AM

Somehow, the image of Louie in his 'jammies gives me major nausea. sick

Re: Pubs who voted against - 10/18/13 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Somehow, the image of Louie in his 'jammies gives me major nausea. sick

Drink 3 large family sized bottles of PeptoBismol and stay away from the news for 24 hours ! laugh