24 Billion flushed

Posted by: NucleusG4

24 Billion flushed - 10/17/13 06:03 PM

Ironic, isn't it. The GOP had no problem flushing 24B down the toilet to make the point that we are in debt over our head. That really helped stem the flow of blood....

Idiots.

Quote:
"$24 billion has been flushed down the drain for a completely unnecessary political stunt. $24 billion dollars. How many children could have been back in Head Start classes? How many seniors could have had a hot lunch through Meals on Wheels? How many scientists could have gotten their research funded? How many bridges could have been repaired and trains upgraded?" - Senator Elizabeth Warren

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/10/shu...says-95556.html
Posted by: DLC

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/17/13 08:19 PM

Please quit calling them the GOP... they're NOT !!

It's the GOTP !! . . please get it right ! wink

Notice how some "old GOP" are trying to separate themselves from the TP !!!
"Who the fucq are they ?! " crazy

Posted by: steveg

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 02:29 AM

crazy The Tea Party probably sees that money as indirectly financing their future campaigns nationally. The reality is that in the same twisted context, it will prove to be a more robust investment in Dem and Indy elections over the next several cycles. crazy

Yeah, a sick rationalization... But then, this is the world we live in for the foreseeable future. eek
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 03:32 AM

What else is new with the GOP Party except blunders all the time.
Posted by: garyW

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
What else is new with the GOP Party except blunders all the time.

What else is new? Ted Cruz has only been in the Senate since January … in less than 10 months this is damage he was able to construct. He will be there for 5 more years, I believe the "blunders" have only just begun.

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 07:25 AM

Steve, ....heard on Chris Matthews... Andrew Sorkin and Jim Cramer and they both agreed that many big businesses and leaders (CEOs) may be pulling their $ from the GOTP after this debacle. They won't give to Dems, but they do NOT like wacky uncertainty and lunacy of the Teddy Cruzes... bad for the markets and business. grin

Won't directly help Dems but the GOTP candidates will have lots less to spend.

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 08:49 AM

IMHO, we may see big biz get behind Dems if consumer confidence bounces back and the Middle Class regains its strength — because it's the Middle Class that buys most of what big biz wants to sell. 'Nudder words, if even indirectly, Dems are good for biz, the CEOs will want to oil that engine often.

Time will tell...

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
IMHO, we may see big biz get behind Dems if consumer confidence bounces back and the Middle Class regains its strength — because it's the Middle Class that buys most of what big biz wants to sell. 'Nudder words, if even indirectly, Dems are good for biz, the CEOs will want to oil that engine often.

Time will tell...

So WTF have they been so silent while the Bush boys and the GOTP chipped away at the Middle class the past 10 years ??

I agree someone on McDonald / WalMart wages isn't going to buy much goods and services (which drives 70% of the economy) !!!
DUH !! the dumb bozos ! mad

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
}
So WTF have they been so silent while the Bush boys and the GOTP chipped away at the Middle class the past 10 years ??

Bush/Cheney deregulated everything. They piled on corporate welfare. They bailed them out. Their AG insulated them from prosecution.

Obama enacted restrictions and oversight … and gave us Elizabeth Warren.

Big Business now has a real conflict at hand, even though Wall Street is now raking in the cash.

The GOP will take credit for Wall Street profits anyway.As we heard in '12 campaigns, the stock market rebounded in spite of Obama. <bleh>

Posted by: Celandine

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 01:27 PM

I'm enormously grateful you're on "Our Side"!

Your knack for making such complex matters
easier to wrap our heads around far exceed
my dumbassed ability to parse-out on my own.

...sorry...
...but I just hadda' let you know how I feel. blush

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 02:59 PM

It's because I put a "<bleh>" at the end of my comments. It makes me sound like I know what I'm talking about. laugh

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/18/13 03:31 PM

WORKS 4 ME! laugh

NO !.... 24 Billion flushed.... it's MORE !!! - 10/18/13 04:02 PM

Krugman documents the REAL LOSSES

"A useful starting point for assessing the damage done is a widely cited report by the consulting firm Macroeconomic Advisers, which estimated that “crisis driven” fiscal policy — which has been the norm since 2010 — has subtracted about 1 percent off the U.S. growth rate for the past three years. This implies cumulative economic losses — the value of goods and services that America could and should have produced, but didn’t — of around $700 billion. The firm also estimated that unemployment is 1.4 percentage points higher than it would have been in the absence of political confrontation, enough to imply that the unemployment rate right now would be below 6 percent instead of above 7." mad

"This week, we managed to avoid driving off a cliff. But we’re still on the road to nowhere."

Re: NO !.... 24 Billion flushed.... it's MORE !!! - 10/18/13 04:26 PM

Nup...Gary managed to give us
The Past, The Present, The Future
...+PLUS+ prognosticating the result...

...and ALL WITHIN 4 SHORT PARAGRAPHS! laugh

That's gotta' be some kinda' record! grin

Re: NO !.... 24 Billion flushed.... it's MORE !!! - 10/19/13 02:45 AM

Get used to it, because it's gonna be Groundhog Day in a few months. And it will continue 'til we vote the Go Pee Tea (how's that for a rebrand?) out of this solar system.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/19/13 03:00 AM

I am sick and tired of hearing the name Ted Cruz.He is nothing but a loud mouth and agitator who will be stopped soon .

Re: 24 Billion flushed - 10/19/13 03:51 AM

I'm not so sure his star will shine through more than another year. That's not to say he can't continue to cause big problems in the meantime, but I think his staying power is limited. More important, I think his usefulness will diminish soon. I think of him as a high-capacity alkaline battery in a steam-powered device.

Re: NO !.... 24 Billion flushed.... it's MORE !!! - 10/19/13 03:06 PM

Not so sure, yes one would expect that BUT... I think there's a chance (nothing is 100% sure any more) the moderates will also stop the crazies, not to mention the wealthy donors... the Cruz's, Palins, Bachmann's and Gohmert's are "nota gooda for a business !! Capische' ? "

I think they'll get an offer they can't refuse ! Kinda hard to run for re-erection if your crab bait in the Gulf !! whistle