Even Drudge is fed up

Posted by: lanovami

Even Drudge is fed up - 10/17/13 12:07 AM

He made this twitter post that is making the news rounds:

Who would vote for the GOP?! I wouldn't!

shocked laugh

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/17/13 04:13 AM

A site I go to regularly gave a factoid that I actually suspected had happened but:

"A recent NBC-WSJ poll puts the approval rate of the Republican Party at 24%, the lowest any party has ever registered in the history of polling."

Boo hoo, the poor Pubs. I almost want to make up a cuter pet name for them I feel so sorry for them.

link
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/17/13 06:57 AM

From your link:

A complicating factor now and early next year is that House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) enjoys the perks that come with the job and is loathe to give them up. To keep his job, he must placate the 144 members of his party who voted against the Senate bill yesterday. But doing what they want is unacceptable to the Democrats, who control 200 seats in the House. A lot thus depends on what the more than 80 moderate Republicans who voted with the Democrats yesterday want, but they are not organized and do not speak with a single voice. If they did, they could work with the Democrats and run the show.

Boehner will almost certainly keep his job, in large part because nobody else wants it. The Constitution says the Speaker is elected by the entire House--not just the majority party. Thus anyone who has visions of replacing Boehner somehow has to convince 218 Republicans to support him (because he won't get any Democratic votes). Given how fractured the Republican caucus is right now, that is a very tall order.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/17/13 07:41 AM

I think that of the 144 Reps who voted Nay, only a fraction is really TP-rabid. The rest voted that way to try to avoid a right-wing primary challenge. They have "street creed" now: when the chips were down, I voted to destroy the American economic system for the sake of ideological purity.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/17/13 07:47 AM

Glad to see you survived the storm !!

Yes this is good news... so ALL the Dems are fed up with the radical GOTP, most independents are now, and now probably >50% of Republicans are fed up because the GOTP leaders played a political chess game like a 2 yr old... and have greatly embarrassed all who sympathized with them.

Win- Win- Win... in my book !! grin

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/19/13 03:40 PM

As I haven't got my bi-weekly or so hit of Rush, especially about the failed stand by the Pubs, I went looking.

Of course, I realize he looks at polls too, and has his wet finger to the wind, but still he doesn't hold back.

He called the Pubs irrelevant and placeholders and said they created a political disaster. He also went on to call Cruz and that Utah guy valiant, as Rush of course believes the Pubs should have never backed down.

Love it. The average joe, Dem or Pub, is upset with the Pub Party for shutting down the govt and risking default and ideologues like Rush are upset they didn't stick with their guns and do it.

link
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/19/13 03:47 PM

Well, the Cruz missile is on the loose again, blaming the Reps' "loss" on their lack of intestinal fortitude. What an incredibly foul windbag.

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/19/13 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Well, the Cruz missile is on the loose again, blaming the Reps' "loss" on their lack of intestinal fortitude. What an incredibly foul windbag.

I wouldn't call that stuff intestinal fortitude... it's intestinal all right but doesn't smell like fortitude !! grin

I think Cruz is on a fast track... fast to rise... fast to burn-out !! smirk
Like a skyrocket ... . ewe , ahhh ,... ohhh !! laugh
(think Sarah "1/2 Govna" Palin !!)

Posted by: steveg

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 02:46 AM

And speaking of the Cruzer... grin
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 03:45 AM

They deserved what they got s--t.

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 07:20 AM

Kinda reminds me of Newt.... thinks he's hot schitt....

but he's just a pile of rabid bat guano !! grin
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 08:19 AM

Good Article.. thanx

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 02:23 PM

Right wing acquaintances on FB - remember FB Steve? wink - were saying, "don't discount Cruz, his Harvard professor said he was the smartest student he ever had blah blah blah". And my answer was pretty much like that article. Why do I care where he went to school or his grades? Put up or shut up.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 02:29 PM

Simple rule of thumb: Smart people know they're smart. Period. Then there are those who think they're smarter or even smartest. They soon expose their stupidity.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 03:08 PM

One can be the smartest man on the planet...
...and still manage to be an idiot.

Re: Even Drudge is fed up - 10/20/13 05:52 PM

A lot of very smart people have fscked up because they thought they were the only smart ones.

Look at Newt - smart man but he had his downfall too ! Speaker - booted OUT !! his smarts didn't do schitt for him !

Cruz won't last if he keeps this BS up ! Even those in his district are getting enough... sure 2018 is a long ways off, but I wonder if Texas has ever had a recall ?? wink