Are you shˇtting me?

Posted by: steveg

Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 08:46 AM

They really really don't get it! A 5% approval rating is too high for them? They're going for subterranean numbers? eek
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 09:26 AM

There are about 20 different articles on that page, or am I missing something?
Posted by: garyW

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 09:48 AM

At this point I believe the GOP will bring us to default and they expect to be able to use FoxNews and the rightwing media bubble to frame the consequences as Obama's economic failure. They are focused only on their twisted politics for the 2014 midterms.

It's all they've got left. We're f*cked.

The only silver lining is that whether the default happens or not, Obama will likely end the last two years of his presidency with solid democratic majorities in both houses.

The downside to that (other than the world economy getting f*cked) is the GOP will use their economic ruin to slam the democrats for years, and has history has shown us, the public is gullible enough to believe it. Yet I state the obvious …

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 09:59 AM

The lead story. DOH! grin

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 10:03 AM

When the right doesn't even listen to the Koch brothers or Wall St., we are way more than f*cked. mad
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
The lead story. DOH! grin
The lead story has changed in the last couple of hours. When I first looked it was about Rush, now it's about union workers in Georgia. DOH! smirk

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 12:19 PM

Then pick up the pace, man. Hut hut hut! >:p
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 01:14 PM

Well, they still may win the fight, but they haven't realized that they've lost the war.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 04:54 PM

The Default will NOT happen, BO won't let it. Under the 14th Amendment, he has the right & responsibility to protect the economy and the value of our currency ! He'll raise the debt ceiling wo Congresses approval. They'll have sheet fits !! and scream Impeachment but I don't think they'll get 2/3 vote in the House ! . . . and they'll be left with egg on their faces. (that is if you can get an egg up their azzes to reach them !!) grin

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 04:59 PM

Why do they remind me of this?

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Why do they remind me of this?

Is that Karl Rove ?? whistle

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 05:02 PM

Nikita
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Under the 14th Amendment, he has the right & responsibility to protect the economy and the value of our currency ! He'll raise the debt ceiling wo Congresses approval.

Barry has said repeatedly that the legal foundations of this are shaky at best and that he won't do it. Plus, bonds issued after such a move would also be of questionable value, so, again, he won't do it.

Now, that doesn't mean that he actually won't do it, but I wouldn't pin all my hopes on him unilaterally raising the ceiling ...

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 05:19 PM

He's already said he won't invoke #14.

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 05:55 PM

I know it's Nikita (after all I saw that live on TV blush ).... sorry I hadn't heard about BO's stance on the 14th.

BUT I just can't see him letting us go over the cliff. He has something up his sleeve to be so cool and confident, and defiant (rightfully so) after giving in several times before...

ANY thing is better than default !! I think he's put that forward (he won't do it) so that it'll push the GOTP to give in and pass a clean CR and DC. ... either that or to give him 4-6 months to negotiate, NOT 6 weeks which is insane for MANY, MANY reasons !!! He has them in a checkmate position and he's taking EVERY advantage. grin

Regardless, after this current crisis passes or is kicked down the road, I think Boehner is "Toast" !! His days are numbered. Cantor will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat. whistle

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Regardless, after this current crisis passes or is kicked down the road, I think Boehner is "Toast" !! His days are numbered. Cantor will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat. whistle

But, then what do we get? A mouthpiece for the TP?

Re: Are you shˇtting me? - 10/12/13 08:04 PM

Yes the House will go from bad to worse !! (short term)

But maybe the end result will be the GOTP gets kicked out of the leadership positions and BO's last 2 years will be much less obstructive !!