This sums it up!

Posted by: MacBozo

This sums it up! - 10/09/13 03:13 PM

U.S. Fringe Festival

It really is an attempt by the TP to establish permanent minority rule.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: This sums it up! - 10/09/13 03:36 PM

Good article, so true. I've always said that the TP was the vocal minority. Why they continue to thrive is money. He says it right, the minority of a minority. Hopefully the mainstream Rs will get tired of losing.

From the article;

The reason so many mainstream Republican lawmakers want Obama to give something to Cruz & Co. is that they want to get out of this mess, but they’re all afraid to stand up to the far-right fringe themselves — with its bullying network of barking talk-show hosts and moneymen. But Obama shouldn’t take them off the hook. Only Republicans can delegitimize the nihilistic madness at the base of their party.
Posted by: DLC

Re: This sums it up! - 10/09/13 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Good article, so true. I've always said that the TP was the vocal minority. Why they continue to thrive is money. He says it right, the minority of a minority. Hopefully the mainstream Rs will get tired of losing.

Yes and that $ comes from billionaires like the Koch Bros, Trump, etc.... it's no more "grass roots" than WalMart. crazy
Posted by: lanovami

Re: This sums it up! - 10/09/13 04:09 PM

You know, now the pubs are apparently saying that a default can be avoided by using funds already there to service the debt while letting other things slide. BUT, every economist foreign and domestic who knows his/her stuff says it would be a catastrophe. And if it's already a foregone conclusion it would be a catastrophe, then that is exactly how the world market will react because it's made up of people who get jittery and panic. Is it rocket science? If even I get it, then NO.
Posted by: DLC

Re: This sums it up! - 10/09/13 05:11 PM

It is not mentioned much, but I think BO will NOT let it happen. He's a smart man... he'll wait until 11:59 PM on Oct 16th or 17 -- i.e. 1 min before default, and raise the ceiling himself- House be dammed !! He can and I believe WILL do it rather than let all his work to get us past 2008 Bush/GOP Great Recession go to schite. He'll get credit for saving the economy twice in his term ! grin He's allowed to according to the 14th Amendment. He's keep that as his ace in the hole. We knew he was a good poker player ! wink

Boehner and the GOTP are getting ready to get the royal flush and it does not contain face cards !!

BTW_ Love Tom Friedman !!