Boehner's demands

Posted by: lanovami

Boehner's demands - 10/06/13 04:16 PM

Boehner (realizing the Senate and Executive branch will not back off on Obamacare I guess?) has insisted:

"the GOP-led House would not pass measures to either reopen the government or increase the government's borrowing authority without concessions from the White House, including talks on reducing federal spending."

link

If they wanted something like this isn't it a bit late to start discussions now? Where are they going to get in a week or so? I guess trying to stop Obamacare after it's already out of the starting gate it even more ridiculous but still.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/06/13 06:15 PM

This is Bait and BullShT !!

They already discussed budget months ago and the Dems accepted the GOPs numbers. Not good enough ? Hell they were the GOPs numbers !! mad

The problem for BO dealing with the GOP is they demand we talk of budget cuts and then you deal with them.... and 2 sec later they come back and demand you talk about budget cuts... like you never have before !!! We've been cutting spending for 2 years !! WTF have they been ... I know at a Tea Party with the MadHatters !! mad

SO MUCH for Boehner saying last week he wouldn't let us default !! Lying Fokker !! It's up to BO now to invoke the 14th Amendment.

Posted by: garyW

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 12:28 AM

The President needs to make a statement to the country in prime time from the Oval Office. He needs to state four things directly and clearly.

1. The Affordable Care Act is law, it is upheld by the Constitution as ruled by the Supreme Court and it is funded outside of the continuing resolution funding bill and the debt limit debate.

2. It is the choice of Speaker Boehner not to bring the clean CR bill to a vote in the House where there are enough Republican and Democat votes to approve it and immediately end the government shutdown and the harm it causes the country.

3. It is the choice of Speaker Boehner not to bring a clean debit limit bill to a vote in the House and avoid a default and the long term harm that it will cause the country, both the financial markets and main street, as well as create disaster and uncertainty in the global economy. Hundreds of millions of people globally will be finacially harmed, $trillions will be instantly lost.

4. A debt default is clearly, unambiguously & solely accountable to Speaker Boehner and his GOP allies , and all consequences of the default is the desired, planned and direct result of actions by the GOP body of the House and Senate to subvert the democratic process.

Posted by: steveg

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 03:45 AM

Um... Did you clear this through Ted (Honey Boo-Boo) Cruz's office?

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 05:04 AM

"1. The Affordable Care Act is law, it is upheld by the Constitution as ruled by the Supreme Court and it is funded outside of the continuing resolution funding bill and the debt limit debate."

That Fareed guy on CNN was making this point in his usual eloquence. He first made many examples of the laws and spirit of democracy being respected in many instances in the US and elsewhere - and then made his point with the Affordable Care Act.

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 05:50 AM

The far right couldn't care less. And they're leading moderate Repugnicans by the nose. All the logic in the world is just so much vapor to these anarchists.

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
"1. The Affordable Care Act is law, it is upheld by the Constitution as ruled by the Supreme Court and it is funded outside of the continuing resolution funding bill and the debt limit debate."

That Fareed guy on CNN was making this point in his usual eloquence. He first made many examples of the laws and spirit of democracy being respected in many instances in the US and elsewhere - and then made his point with the Affordable Care Act.

Well, I thought I also made this point in my usual eloquence. Not once did I call him Speaker Boner, The Ohio @sshat, a drunken orange douchbag, nor Rusty Trombone of the House.

laugh

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
The far right couldn't care less. .

Soon they will. However this ends, Boehner will cry.

Quote:
link
Failure by the worlds largest borrower to pay its debt -- unprecedented in modern history -- will devastate stock markets from Brazil to Zurich, halt a $5 trillion lending mechanism for investors who rely on Treasuries, blow up borrowing costs for billions of people and companies, ravage the dollar and throw the U.S. and world economies into a recession that probably would become a depression. Among the dozens of money managers, economists, bankers, traders and former government officials interviewed for this story, few view a U.S. default as anything but a financial apocalypse.

The $12 trillion of outstanding government debt is 23 times the $517 billion Lehman owed when it filed for bankruptcy on Sept. 15, 2008. As politicians butt heads over raising the debt ceiling, executives from Berkshire Hathaway Inc.s Warren Buffett to Goldman Sachs Group Inc.s Lloyd C. Blankfein have warned that going over the edge would be catastrophic.

Posted by: DLC

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 10:43 AM

#5. About reducing spending... we ALREADY HAVE !!!! this is like the 4th time around the barn ! He needs to cite what the previous cuts have done ! X 1000 kids off Head Start, X 1000 kids no meals, cuts in research, etc... really lay it all out all the CUTS that have been made over the past 2 years ! AND that's why the deficit is dropped so much (from the projected ones).

He really should lay it all out so ALL voters can see who the boo-hoo whiny brats are !!

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 11:28 AM

Economics is probably one of my weaker subjects. I did not expect it would be that catastrophic. You have officially scared the hell out of me.

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 01:05 PM

Meet the Press. I like this Guthrie lady. I know you have to put up with a guy like me who lives far away, and gets his info piecemeal, but I really like how this woman handles Rand Paul. She gives him ample time to say his piece, but also says hers, and very succinctly. The video gets really good from about 2:05 or so, where she lays it out.

Re: Boehner's demands - 10/07/13 01:13 PM

I don't give a sht if Boneher cries or not. WE will be the ones crying long before his eyes get damp.