It is Pubs fault

Posted by: lanovami

It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 05:10 AM

And even the average hater of Obamacare believes it. I was hoping this was the case, but this poll (cuz they're never wrong right?) seems to confirm it.

link

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 05:15 AM

This sentence stuck out:

Views of the Affordable Care Act are related to views of the shutdown. Those who like the health care law also overwhelmingly disapprove of shutting down the government. There is more support for the shutdown among Americans who don't like the 2010 health care law. Thirty-eight percent of them approve of the shutdown but even more, 59 percent, disapprove.

Bolding is mine. This can only hurts Pubs more in the long run because people's initial feelings about such things don't tend to change. I really hope they keep shooting themselves in the foot like this.

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 05:22 AM

Then there's this:

Republicans in Congress receive more of the blame for the shutdown: 44 percent of Americans blame them, while 35 percent put more blame on President Obama and the Democrats in Congress. These views are virtually the same as they were last week before the shutdown, when Americans were asked who they would blame if a shutdown occurred.

9 points difference is a pretty significant statistic no? I am surprised it is not more.
Posted by: DLC

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 02:28 PM

I keep hearing some say the President and Dems should compromise !!

THEY DID ! they told the GOP they'd take THEIR (GOP) budget numbers and the GOP said NO !!
so much for reaching out !!!

I hope that number spreads to 50% by the time this is over....

OH BTW here's my prediction..

1. Dems & BO won't cave- they can't -they've done before an it just emboldens the TP and set these up to go on forever... a NEW PRECEDENCE needs to be set - no blackmail on other issues during Budget and Debt Ceiling negotiations.

2. GOTP won't give up. Boehner is stuck- TP has him in their sights. can you smell burnt turkey ?

3. We go until Oct 17th- the Debt Ceiling deadline.

4. With NO compromise in sight and the fiscal cliff minutes away, BO by executive order raises it thus saving the US economy for the 2nd time in 5 years !!

5. House moves to Impeach BO ?? (will they ??) Senate won't convict.

ANY one else have a prediction ??
Posted by: Celandine

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 02:52 PM

wot i'm worried about is the default come oct.17th

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 04:04 PM

"wot i'm worried about is the default come oct.17th"

Yeah, I think that's what anybody who is paying attention is the most worried about.

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 04:07 PM

4. With NO compromise in sight and the fiscal cliff minutes away, BO by executive order raises it thus saving the US economy for the 2nd time in 5 years !!

Works for me. If it comes to that, I would love to see the House reaction. He went over our heads just to save the economy! Can you believe it?
Posted by: garyW

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 04:11 PM

The TeaParty (that apparently has Bohner's balls in a vice) would be very pleased to tank the global economy and bring us back to 2008-2009 meltdown status just so they can call it Obama's failure.

Yes, I think they will do it. Hannity, Limbaugh & Co. are encouraging it because they think it will be "no big deal" and really stick it to the black guy.

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: garyW
The TeaParty (that apparently has Bohner's balls in a vice) would be very pleased to tank the global economy and bring us back to 2008-2009 meltdown status just so they can call it Obama's failure.

Yes, I think they will do it. Hannity, Limbaugh & Co. are encouraging it because they think it will be "no big deal" and really stick it to the black guy.

And stick it to the country, as well. These people are terrorists! mad
Posted by: garyW

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami

House won't get 2/3 majority vote to impeach. Moot point.

But Ted Cruz has taught us all that the media doesn't give a crap about House or Senate rules to promote a grandstanding show of TeaParty impeachment hearings as if it's the real thing.

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo

And stick it to the country, as well. These people are terrorists! mad

__"The American Taliban"

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/03/13 05:14 PM

Rumors are ( for what they're worth).. Boehner, if it comes to crunch time, will go against the Hassert rule which is an unwritten rule among the Rethugs NOT to bring a vote unless the vast majority of GOP will approve. IF he does, he can still vote against the CR (to try to save some face) but let other GOP vote for a clean CR. Crisis over !!

That could happen, then maybe he'd like to provoke a bigger fight with BO and force him to use the 14th Amendment to go around Congress. W T F Knows ?? crazy

Then again BO could use the 14th ANY time he wanted, and preempt Boehner and claim he was following GW's lead with a pre-emtive attack because he wasn't waiting for a mushroom cloud on the economy and credit of the USA !! It was for National Security !! whistle

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/07/13 01:29 PM

Another poll, with a noticeable increase in finding fault with the Pubs.

link
Posted by: Mike

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/07/13 01:57 PM

I agree, that is it precisely!
Anything to make Obama look bad.
I remember Mitch 'The Turtle' McConnell's statement about Obama becoming a one-term president.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/07/13 02:01 PM

This guy on NPR this afternoon was saying that Pubs know it's their fault.. that it's beginning to implode, and the fastest way to defuse would be for Obama to make some small, tiny concession so that the GOP can save face.
He felt they were just about begging Obama to come to the table...

No, it wasn't a caller... it was the interviewee... but I can't, for the life of me, remember who that was.....

As I was listening to him state this.. I heard a verrry loud cheer of agreement and happiness...
then I realized the guy in the next lane was looking at me like I might be nuts.

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/07/13 02:59 PM

MISTAKEN - Boehner doesn't have balls.... just an empty tea bag scrotum !! wink

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/07/13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC

MISTAKEN - Boehner doesn't have balls.... just an empty tea bag scrotum !! wink
smirk

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/08/13 06:19 AM

Damm you're good , gal !! +2 laugh

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/08/13 04:29 PM

Okay, so that's what I'm calling 'em from now on: the Tea Bags.

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/09/13 05:43 PM

NEW Gallop Poll:

GOP Party 28% approval - the lowest of ANY Party in History - EVER !!

Dem- 43% approval. +15 points... not great but closer to 50%.

I think one Campaign slogan next Fall is "Do you want dysfunctional Govt?" Give us back the House and IF you don't like our programs - vote us ALL out in 2016 ! But IF you keep a GOP House, expect more shutdowns, no progress on jobs, slow economy, and maybe another run at the fiscal cliff !! DO you really want that craziness ?? crazy

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/09/13 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Okay, so that's what I'm calling 'em from now on: the Tea Bags.

Just by way of letting you know
why you'll be getting hit a lot

Re: It is Pubs fault - 10/09/13 08:20 PM

I saw those same "lowest in recent history" stats
a few hours ago on TV.. along with the aspect
of Dems starting to use "Voted For the ShutDown"
strategy in up-coming elections, just hours
after first seeing exactly that in the Run-Up
to Newark Mayor Cory Booker's Election coming on
October 16th, 2013, against Rep. Steve Lonegan