healthcare.gov operational ...

Posted by: six_of_one

healthcare.gov operational ... - 09/30/13 10:40 PM

... sort of ;-)

The site is live and looks pretty nice. Signed-up for an account, got the e-mail verify thing. But tried to log-in with my shiny new user-name and password and it said the info wasn't valid. Tried the "forgot password" option, got the email w/link to reset the password and when I clicked it the site said it couldn't find a valid account ...

Oh well, opening day bugs, I guess -- I'll try again later =)
Posted by: DLC

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 06:09 AM

It's TP sabo fugue!! laugh
Posted by: Celandine

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 08:33 AM

Thanx for the Heads-Up

Will wait until they become aware
of the issues -- and work the Bugs Out.
Posted by: garyW

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 08:56 AM

Posted by: Jim_

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 09:58 AM

It is buggy right now. I get to the page to answer security questions and nothing populates the question drop downs. I'll try later.

Thx though.
Posted by: garyW

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 10:21 AM

The reporting should be that Americans are flocking to the enrollment sites in unprecedented numbers laugh

October 1, 2013. Republicans have shut down the government. Democrats offer millions of Americans affordable health care insurance.

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: garyW

Well, of course, how could I possibly not love something with that title? ;-D
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 06:41 PM

Yeah. The ACA is such a huge failure that the server(s) were swamped on day one.

OK, rethugs, splain this one away.

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/01/13 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Yeah. The ACA is such a huge failure that the server(s) were swamped on day one.

OK, rethugs, splain this one away.

I'll tell you how Rush will explain it.... it crashed because there were so many moochers and illegals from the 47% rushing to get free Govt healthcare that the servers couldn't handle it ! crazy "they loves that sugah !"

You wait, I won't be that far off !! whistle

Posted by: steveg

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/02/13 03:04 AM

I had a couple of easy questions this AM. Only waited 12 min to chat with a rep on healthcare.gov, and had my answers in seconds. Gonna wait a week or two for traffic to settle down a bit and then have my daughter apply for a new policy.

Yup. A train wreck. A failure. And it killed me and cost me my job. grin

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/02/13 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Yup. A train wreck. A failure. And it killed me and cost me my job. grin

We TRIED to warn you Steve, but you just wouldn't listen !! laugh

Oh . . and Apple is DYING !! laugh laugh
Posted by: lanovami

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/02/13 06:15 AM

I listened to Rush on armed forces radio tonight. He had little to say about the shutdown, just that it is only some parks etc. and no big deal. Then he went on about what a farce Obamacare is. I think when he takes those huge breaths I have come to recognize it is because he is even tired of his rhetoric himself.

PS - for the heck of it, I tried to sign up (though I am well covered over here under the national health insurance) but I didn't get far before they told me to wait patiently. Indeed, if it's such a farce, why are so many people going to the site? Wouldn't they rather be playing Candy Crush or something?

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/02/13 05:49 PM

The Washington Post article below says that even with all the glitches etc. very few people actually signed up. A lot of the problems were just that, glitches, and many people went there to see what was what, but didn't sign up. This does seem worrisome, but then don't people have a window in which to sign up, and then by a certain point (in 2014?) they are compelled by law to sign up. This is right, no?

post article

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/02/13 06:37 PM

Well, it's only been two days since they opened. The window lasts until March 31 =)

I still can't login =P

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/10/13 07:52 PM

I have read in many places that it is far from just the web traffic being the reason so many are having trouble. I have heard the underlying code is being ridiculed by webmasters and codewriters who do this stuff for a living.

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/10/13 10:45 PM

I finally got into the system the other day -- not nearly as good as the Kaiser calculator had predicted for me. Actually, pretty much the same as the open market since I make enough to not qualify for any subsidies (which, since I am in a relatively good place, I really shouldn't qualify for, so no gripes there).
Anyways, the site actually seemed to work, but it remains to be seen if the federal marketplaces are a better deal for me than the open market ...

But, man, if I were in a very different situation, they would be an absolute godsend ...

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/10/13 10:46 PM

I, like many here, want the ACA to work for people and work well - even though I live in another country and get my health insurance here - I want to know it is doing well.

But, c'mon, the've had 10 days now. I decided to try and investigate again just out of curiosity and I believe it was the 3rd screen and all I got was "The system is down at the moment. We're currently performing scheduled maintenance. Please try again later." Are you kidding me?
Posted by: MrB

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/11/13 08:11 AM

I heard a couple days ago on CNN that the government didn't know how many had sign ed up. That CNN did their own search to find that in Kentucky and a couple other states had signe up a whopping 16,000

Wow.

Dave
Posted by: MrB

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/11/13 08:13 AM

Me thinks if they would have offered coupons for free ammo they would get more

But that's just me.

I could be wrong

Dave

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/11/13 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
I heard a couple days ago on CNN that the government didn't know how many had sign ed up. That CNN did their own search to find that in Kentucky and a couple other states had signe up a whopping 16,000

Wow.

Dave

I guess that would depend on what exactly you mean by "signed up" -- does it refer to people who made an account, or filled out an application or actually enrolled in a healthcare plan?

In Kentucky alone 137,000 people have browsed that state's marketplace website, with 93% having gone through the pre-screening to see if they qualify for subsidies. 11,000 have filled-out applications, and 7,000 have actually enrolled.

As of Oct. 8:

- New York had 40,000 people who have filled-out applications ...

- California had 16,311 folks completing applications, and another 27,000 people partially completing theirs ...

- Washington State has 9,452 people actually enrolled in health plans with another 10,000 having completed applications ...

- Connecticut has processed over 1,426 applications ...

- Maryland has had 326 people actually enroll ...

Obviously, some states are doing better than others (I'd wager the one having their own marketplaces are probably doing better than those relying on the Feds), so your mileage will also obviously vary ...

Re: healthcare.gov operational ... - 10/11/13 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Me thinks if they would have offered coupons for free ammo they would get more
But that's just me.
I could be wrong
Dave

LOL laugh Good idea !!!

But then the NRA would say it a Govt run on ammo to drive up the price !!

"Hurry Hurry Hurry, register now and get a chance for 4 tickets to Duck Dynasty or NASCAR !! " wink