NRA's response

Posted by: yoyo52

NRA's response - 09/22/13 03:45 PM

Not enough people with guns at the Navy Yard.

Put insane people in jail.

Never, but ever, limit right to gun ownership.
Posted by: steveg

Re: NRA's response - 09/22/13 03:56 PM

You should've seen MSNBC's interview with Larry Pratt the other night. All of these massacres occur in those darn gun-free zones, dontchaknow. sick

Re: NRA's response - 09/22/13 04:01 PM

Here's the first guy who should be on the insane list.

Posted by: lanovami

Re: NRA's response - 09/22/13 06:27 PM

I have a number of people with military connections, and when people were complaining about gun free zones problems, a couple of guys who do or did security in the military say it was a lapse of protocol etc. that was the major source of the Navy Yard slaughter - not the gun free zone aspect of it.

Re: NRA's response - 09/22/13 06:28 PM

Right, put insane people in jail - problem is it is usually at the point that you have to disarm them first and by then they have usually already killed multiple people then in most cases turned the gun on themselves.
Posted by: DLC

Re: NRA's response - 09/22/13 07:12 PM

Saw the interview on Meet the Press ands almost puked... any excuse but that there are too many guns ! Wayne LaSh!thead - WTF are all the good guys with guns to stop these massacres ??
He said this AM there wasn't enough of them... with him there'll always be some other excuse but the obvious answer. The NRA is the gun sales Lobby not the gun owners lobby any more. sick

Serve the SOB right if someday he was the 2nd fastest on the draw ! crazy

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 03:30 AM

'Nuf sed!
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 04:03 AM

To bad a madman doesn't put him out of his misery for good.Wishful thinking on my part.

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 04:46 AM

Murder I certainly do not condone. If he's a maniac, he belongs in a mental hospital, not in a morgue.

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 05:51 AM

I'm ignoring his posts, but I hope he didn't in some way advocate killing LaPierre or any of his pro-gun comrades. That would fly in the face of the gun control POV — not to mention being incredibly stupid! eek

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 09:08 AM

thats why i said "2nd fastest draw" - doesnt mean he gets killed, but maybe a non-lethal wound might change his views a little !! . . . then again maybe not.... crazy

Like you I don't want to see anyone killed...but a "life changing event" might not be so bad ! wink

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 09:21 AM

This is not an alterable mindset. These kooks all have vigilante envy big time. They get major stiffies from watching Death Wish marathons on cable TV. In their world, all the "good guys" are armed to the teeth, have superhuman reflexes, championship aim, and extraordinary judgement. Delusional people don't change their minds. They just leap from one fantasy to the next. crazy
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 02:31 PM

Fear.
Just plain ole vanilla flavored fear.

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 02:40 PM

That's why I believe..."maybe change , . . . . then maybe NOT !" wink

I know the chances are slim (I could win the lottery sooner !)
BUT that's the degree it'd take, if it were ever to happen...

I guess the question is HOW MANY massacres will it take before the public gets it ? . . . and we swing back the other way ? frown

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 06:41 PM

NSA disclaimer.

We are not advocating or condoning the use of firearms to eliminate people we are not fond of and most of us are in control of our mental faculties.

Nothing to see here.

wink
Posted by: Jim_

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52

Okay, I won't ask for a linky-doo, and haven't read the rest of the thread. Coming from you I'll believe you did glean this from what the NRA said about the shootings and not just your opinion.

The first one I have to agree with, the other two not so much.

Slight hit and run maybe but life calls.

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 08:10 PM

Now that you mention it you have a point. Facebook is full of cryptic and/or contextless posts. Best to give a link. I will try to remember that.

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
Now that you mention it you have a point. Facebook is full of cryptic and/or contextless posts. Best to give a link. I will try to remember that.
That wasn't pointed at you. Don't even want to open that can. smile

Re: NRA's response - 09/23/13 11:08 PM

I knew that, but I have been guilty of it in other cases, so I thought I should say we should use links where expected while admitting I've done it myself.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 03:40 AM

Let me tell you something Steve. I say what i mean and mean what I say!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52

We already limit what types of guns/ weapons you can own.

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 05:08 AM

Well, Marv ol' fella. Since you chose to reply to the post in which I clearly said I'm ignoring your posts (there's a pref setting for that, dontchaknow), I thought I ought to toggle your posts to see what, in fact, you had said. And waddaya know, you did effectively advocate the murder of another human being!

Well let me tell you something: Not only is that an unacceptable and uncivilized POV, it's also a supremely stupid and — for you — risky thing to do.

But thanks for validating my decision to block your posts on my page. And now, I will toggle you off for good — and let's see if you're clueless enough to reply again, because next time, I won't peek. Promise.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 06:16 AM

Nor do insane people belong in jail. St. Ronald closed all the mental hospitals.

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 06:23 AM

One of many linkies (Google is your friend)

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 07:36 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Nor do insane people belong in jail. St. Ronald closed all the mental hospitals.

St. Ronald LOL laugh

"well.... there you.. go.. again ! "

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 08:02 AM

First Google link I came across. Since the story about Mr. Lapierre was everywhere over the weekend and on Monday, I didn't think it necessary to post a link.

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 08:21 AM

Wasn't there an outcry against a national data base/registry for mentally unstable people? Something like that would be TMI for the big, bad guvmint?

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Really? What's a Google? smirk

Like I said, it was a hit and run, I was in hurry. I checked it out later.

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 12:13 PM

Saw this today, it does make sense.

“We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics."

BUT...

We are encouraged TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics”

Why is that?
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 01:39 PM

We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics.

BUT...

Bears repeating and tuvm

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 01:58 PM

I don't think most judge ALL gun owners the same as a few gun lunatics... BUT the point is to keep the guns FROM the lunatics and you can't do that if you can buy them anywhere (gun shows), with NO checks (Background), and NO restrictions !! All you need is $$ !!

Furthermore these aren't just guns (pistols and hunting rifles) any more... they're battlefield weapons ! Semi- or fully automatic (modified) and can carry 30 round clips ! so 1 single "nut" can take out 20-50 people in under 5 minutes (faster than the police response) !! The landscape HAS CHANGED and dramatically !!

I'm waiting for the NRA to come out for RPGs and tactical nukes !! crazy
Hey somebody can make some $$ in that bidness !!
Remember the only way to stop a bad man with a nuke is a good man with a nuke !!*** wink

Picture this... a landscape (aerial view) with a mushroom cloud on the left and one on the right... Above them, the Title reads: " Mission Accomplished !" ... and down at the bottom in smaller letters are " The only way to stop a bad man with a nuke is a good man with a nuke !" laugh

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 02:47 PM

As Bill Maher said and I agreed at the time, go ahead and racial profile at airports etc. if it will increase your chances of stopping a terrorist from blowing up a plane. And this is because of the actions of a few extremists/lunatics.

And are most people "judging" all gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics? The point is you don't know who might go unhinged and guns are too easy to get one's hands on through illegal, semi-legal and legal channels. The Constitution does not keep the government from the power to regulate access to they scope and type of guns.

Needless to say, I find the above comparison overly simplistic at best.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim_

We are? News to me. Who exactly is supposed to be encouraging this?

I missed the latest "Let's Take All the Guns Away From Every Freedom-Loving American Because They're All Lunatics" cell meeting, so maybe I missed the memo ;-)
Posted by: Celandine

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 04:07 PM

I keep hearing the word "lunatic" thrown around
like some unqualified idiot in a gunshop is
qualified to make that assessment if the person
has-of-yet no record of having been seen by a
doctor (if they need one or not) so..yeah..
AFAIC the entire argument isn't worth the paper
a target is printed on.

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one
We are encouraged TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics

We are? News to me. Who exactly is supposed to be encouraging this?

I missed the latest "Let's Take All the Guns Away From Every Freedom-Loving American Because They're All Lunatics" cell meeting, so maybe I missed the memo ;-)
Not what it says. A few lunatics it says. It doesn't say all gun owners are lunatics.

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 05:06 PM

But it does claim that a group of people judge all gun owners by a few lunatics doesn't it. This is simply untrue in most people's cases. This is labeling as much as the labeling claimed in the original statement.

Re: NRA's response - 09/24/13 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen
We are told NOT to judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics.

BUT...

Bears repeating and tuvm

That has the same logical force as the statement that guns don't kill people, people do. I judge the result of having guns available more or less without checks; I don't necessarily judge the person (although, it's hard hard hard not to apply a little bit of Freudian symbolic analysis now and then).
Posted by: Celandine

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 02:35 AM

Well...
...That Makes Me Feel Better

Rachel Maddow
ON BACKGROUND

Sketchy Security Background Check COMPANY smirk

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 03:37 AM

That's not exactly accurate. I don't see wholesale discrimination or labeling of gun owners. I think most understand that even within the NRA rank and file, there is a majority slant toward responsible gun legislation. Just like any other large and visible body of peeps, there's a fringe minority that makes a majority noise, and I believe the public at large recognizes this. I don't see anyone insisting that ALL gun owners be put into one bucket.

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 06:52 AM

Quote:
Not what it says. A few lunatics it says. It doesn't say all gun owners are lunatics.

Fine. I shall rename my completely made-up organization to: "Let's Take All the Guns Away From Every Freedom-Loving American Because They Should Be Judged Negatively Based on the Actions of a Few People Who Happen To Be Lunatics."

Yes, much better! It's actually more ridiculous and divorced from reality than my first pass and comes closer to the bar established by the original quote ;-)

Meetings every Thursday. Bring cookies. =D

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 07:05 AM

Honk if You Support LTAGAFEFFLABTSBJNBAFPWHBL

Now that's a bumper sticker, dood! grin

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: six_of_one
Quote:

Fine. I shall rename my completely made-up organization to: "Let's Take All the Guns Away From Every Freedom-Loving American Because They Should Be Judged Negatively Based on the Actions of a Few People Who Happen To Be Lunatics."

Yes, much better! It's actually more ridiculous and divorced from reality than my first pass and comes closer to the bar established by the original quote ;-)

Meetings every Thursday. Bring cookies. =D

if I brought the cookies, there would be no problems. It would be one mellow meeting.

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 12:23 PM

[like]

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 12:24 PM

if I brought the cookies, there would be no problems. It would be one mellow meeting.

oatmeal with dried cranberries, white chocolate cookies are my faves

Re: NRA's response - 09/25/13 12:50 PM

Quote:

Exactly why I told you to bring some -- word on the street is that your "spiced" baked goods are legendary ;-)