Cruz's American citizenship

Posted by: yoyo52

Cruz's American citizenship - 09/20/13 01:12 PM

Given the rabid obsession with Obama's citizenship, this is hilarious.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/20/13 01:50 PM

Yeah, I posted a similar article about this a while back. I think the average liberal is smart enough not to mention it much out loud. People would start to support Cruz even more just to spite us.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/20/13 02:01 PM

Cruz has made a very bad — and very foolish — bet. All in the name of ego. He's already pissed of much of the Repugnican House, and when his grandstanding bullish¡t antics crash and burn in the Senate, his credibility and value as an elected official will be vaporized. Forever.
Posted by: Mike

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/20/13 02:40 PM

That is funny!
How the heck can he be a US senator if he was born in Canada?

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/20/13 03:09 PM

And his father was not American, and the question of whether his mother lived long enough in the US before he was born and if there is the paperwork to prove it is also an issue. I don't know if the criteria for a senator are the same or more or less stringent than those for president.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/20/13 03:27 PM

Quote:
I don't know if the criteria for a senator are the same or more or less stringent than those for president.
It's not. He's a legitimately — if unfortunately — elected Senator. The hilarious irony is that Cruz stated that because his mother was a U.S. Citizen, he is, too, despite not having been born in the U.S. Yet the same logic shouldn't hold for President Obama? crazy Dumberer and dumberer.

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/20/13 03:30 PM

I remember you saying this before. I am sure there are people paid to vet people for their legitimacy, and he must have passed the test.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/21/13 03:03 AM

The whole thing is hypocritical to me.Cruz born in Canada and Obama born in Hawaii.Both are Americans period!
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/21/13 08:37 AM

Gee Marv, that's big of you. The point of the article is that Cruz's citizenship is a matter of serious legal doubt. It says nothing about Obama. I've no doubt that Cruz can work through the complicated paperwork to prove that he's a citizen. My point was pretty straightforward, though: the hypocrisy is more than usually noticeable. The same people who have doubt after doubt after doubt about Obama's citizenship have no doubt at all about Cruz's citizenship, and yet one is crystal clear and the other is legally at issue.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/21/13 09:31 AM

Yeah after NAFTA, Canada and Mexico became the 51st and 52nd state , respectively ! wink

laugh
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/21/13 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike
That is funny!

LOL.. youse guys need to review your citizenship papiers!

You only need to born here to be a POTUS.
If you are a U.S. citizen for 9 years you can be a Senator.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/21/13 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Originally Posted By: Mike
That is funny!

LOL.. youse guys need to review your citizenship papiers!

You only need to born here to be a POTUS.
If you are a U.S. citizen for 9 years you can be a Senator.

If you're an azzhole for <9 years , you can be a Senator !! The bar is quite low !! wink

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/22/13 12:16 AM

Yeah, I was aware the criteria were different for Pres and Senator, but didn't know the number was 9 years. Thanks for that.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/22/13 03:38 AM

That is what I was implying hypocrisy with the Republicans about Obama not being a natural citizen and no big deal about Cruz being born in Canada.Why perhaps being Obama is Black and Cruz is White.
Posted by: Mike

Re: Cruz's American citizenship - 09/22/13 06:08 AM

"Why perhaps being Obama is Black and Cruz is White."....

Yup....I tend to believe that that is a major factor. Even though Cruz is half Latino