Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today

Posted by: KateSorensen

Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/03/13 09:20 PM

The seriousness and grim importance of this hearing cannot be over emphasized! Heavy stuff, indeed.

Senator John McCain playing poker on his smart phone during the hearings. wink

Senator John McCain plays poker on his IPhone during a U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations hearing where Secretary of State JohnKerry, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey testify concerning the use of force in Syria, on Capitol Hill in Washington DC, Tuesday, September 3, 2013. (Photo by Melina Mara/The Washington Post)

Posted by: garyW

Re: Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/03/13 10:22 PM

Sen. Rand Paul's point in questioning was exactly on the money to make him the absolute darling of the media: this is not a hearing to determine a timely response to the atrocities committed by Assad and his use of chemical weapons, it is all about whether Obama "wins" or "loses".

… and McCain is, and will always be, a dick.

<bleh>

Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/04/13 03:23 AM

That is more important than the crisis in Syria That is happening now.A real joke!
Posted by: DLC

Re: Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/04/13 09:07 AM

Wouldn't be surprised BUT how do we know that's him... all I see is a pair of hands. shocked

Any video ?
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/04/13 04:10 PM

Er, Dave, McCain was interviewed on CNN and he said it was him! Said he lost thousands of dollars!

But I'll keep looking for a video and send it to you via snail mail so you can study it closely and report back to us. wink

Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/04/13 04:35 PM

When he learned of the picture, McCain posted a flippant response to Twitter. “Scandal!” he wrote. “Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing – worst of all I lost!”

While he may have made up his mind on the strike (he said yesterday he is confident in the direction the White House is moving), McCain’s game playing projected a certain lack of seriousness about a major strategic military decision. And, when some on Twitter saw his tweet, they lashed out in response:

“Haha, you’re right!” wrote Digg’s David Weiner. “It’s absurd to expect someone who pushed us into two, now maybe three wars to give his full attention!”

“OUR LEADERS ARE SHAPING THE COURSE OF HISTORY,” wrote Carlo Johnson of Brooklyn, New York.

“Yes, we shouldn’t expect our Senators to pay attention for 3 whole hours. It’s just bombing another country, after all!,” added astronomer and author Phil Plait.

Forbes.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/04/13 05:10 PM

After all
what's the point of listening
if you've already made up your mind? Right?

"Elections Matter!"
~ Rachel Maddow
Posted by: DLC

Re: Sen Committee on Foreign Relations hearing today - 09/04/13 05:50 PM

Yeah I understand Kate, BUT which John McCain was interviewed on CNN ?? whistle

laugh

I hadn't seen the interview... thanks ! What a turkey... this will come back to haunt him !!
Insane McCain !!