Posted by: MacBozo

It's not about race - 08/14/13 04:04 PM

Yeah, right!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: It's not about race - 08/14/13 06:03 PM

Holy cow... the Comment section!
Posted by: DLC

Re: It's not about race - 08/14/13 06:37 PM

Yeah it's as if many in the GOP believe "Blacks are ok, ....IF they stay in their place !"
So you can have a black servant, waiter, yardman, construction worker... but NOT a black POTUS !! We'll even let you have black police officers... as long as they're supervised by whites ! And if you have a predominantly "black city" like Atlanta or Detroit, a Black mayor is OK... but we don't want blacks in charge if there are many whites in the group ! sick

Course Atlanta has lots of blacks, but lots of whites too !! Its' a cultural melting pot. Like any other city, they've had some good mayors and some that stunk !! The corruption is due to the power and influence of the position, NOT the mayor's dermal melanin content !!
Posted by: Celandine

Re: It's not about race - 08/14/13 06:43 PM

one has to wonder
if they realize just how small
and ignorant they appear to the rest of us
Posted by: steveg

Re: It's not about race - 08/15/13 03:07 AM

IMHO, what Obama's elections have revealed is that the hate and racism we all though/hoped had been declining had merely been dormant for a while. Land of Opportunity? Not so much. frown
Posted by: MrB

Re: It's not about race - 08/15/13 08:18 AM

Yep many in the GOP believe that. But you know what. Many in the Democrat party also believe. That. Does that make it alright. hell no.

Racism is a dirty buisness and any that use it are such. Whether they are white, brown, yellow or black.

Interesting reading some of the comments. The comments that hit home for me is the issue that whites don't talk down about other races if there are thse races in the near vicinity , but will when they think they are just among their own kind.

But also, this same issue is present with other races. I've experienced it when I've been among a Hispanic crowd several times. I have to say that the times I've been the lone white in a Black crowd , I didn't experience it, but those times were weddings where the whole atmosphere was festive and there was no drinking.

People will act out if they feel they are among their own "like kind".

Dave

Re: It's not about race - 08/15/13 08:25 AM

I think the comments are the most enlightening part of many articles.

Dave

Re: It's not about race - 08/15/13 02:33 PM

NO doubt there is racism in both parties and in most minority groups.
The Latinos have La Raza (the Race)... I always thought that was overboard. Some blacks only respect blacks and treat others as "crackers". Yes it comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

However when it comes to "Parties" I think it's much more rampant in the GOP than in the Dem Party.... like maybe 8-10 to 1 !! Anyone have any statistics ?
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: It's not about race - 08/16/13 04:24 AM

Why is the South so have so much distaste and pure venom for Obama I ask myself all the time.

Re: It's not about race - 08/16/13 07:22 AM

I think when we talk of racism some folks may have different definitions of "racism" . It has become an automatic reference for "bad" or "despicable" and such. But then I'm a geometrist and definitions are very important .others are ok to play some what loose with the meaning.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: It's not about race - 08/16/13 10:49 AM

So list a few definitions for racism that have a "benign" or "good" angle.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: It's not about race - 08/16/13 05:53 PM

I don't think that "la raza" has the kind of meaning that "the race" would have in English. A more likely translation is something like "the people."

Re: It's not about race - 08/17/13 01:26 PM

Wasn't aware of that translation. That would be a little more humble. Thanks.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: It's not about race - 08/22/13 09:56 PM

"Yeah it's as if many in the GOP believe "Blacks are ok, ....IF they stay in their place !""

Now Dave, don't get all uppity on us. wink