I had a thought

Posted by: MacBozo

I had a thought - 08/05/13 07:47 AM

Yes, I do have them at times.

If violent movies and video games are the cause of gun violence (and should be restricted/banned), shouldn't laser tag and paintball also be included?
Posted by: DLC

Re: I had a thought - 08/05/13 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo

If violent movies and video games are the cause of gun violence (and should be restricted/banned), shouldn't laser tag and paintball also be included?

OR if we banned all TV but the religious channels, Disney, and Hallmark- VIOLENCE in the USA would drop to "0" !!! OH that'll work !! wink
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: I had a thought - 08/05/13 02:55 PM

If you take away "gun" and just think about violent games,

Football would be a thing of the past!! fer sure wink

Posted by: DLC

Re: I had a thought - 08/05/13 03:04 PM

Not to mention Hockey, Boxing, and WWWC slapdown !! laugh
Posted by: Jim_

Re: I had a thought - 08/05/13 11:05 PM

Ahh yes. Thinking is the best way to travel. cool

I would say that the large number of people that can afford to spend a few dollars on video games as compared to those that can actually afford laser tag and paintball on a regular basis would be something to consider though. Without spending time on the Google I'd say percentage-wise the paint ballers are a drop in the bucket. I would trust a gun in the hands of the paint ballers as compared to the kid down the street with his Wii in his hand anyway. smirk
Posted by: MrB

Re: I had a thought - 08/06/13 12:13 AM

There has been violence in movies as long as there have been movies. Violence in America has waxed and waned over that time. Violent crimes has been decreasing for some time including crimes evolving guns

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: I had a thought - 08/06/13 04:34 AM

I've seen this premise before and it doesn't hold water. If violent games and movies are causing gun violence in the U.S. then how come it isn't causing gun violence in Canada?... or Europe?... or anywhere else on the planet.

I play Call of Duty (first person war game) every day for a little bit. I play on a server with guys from all over the world.. we have Brits and Middle easterners.. and Canadians..etc.
There should be violence all over if this premise were true.