New NSA leak

Posted by: Jim_

New NSA leak - 08/01/13 07:10 PM

XKeyscore. I had not heard of this one till today. See all know all about our browsing.
Posted by: steveg

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 02:58 AM

On the one hand, what's been revealed is reprehensible — though the cynic in me is not at all surprised. On the other hand, Snowden is an egocentric, book deal-seeking, self-important chicken-sh¡t who should have had the balls to man up to the consequences here in the U.S.

As despicable as these revelations are, this tool broke the f'n law, and to run away from the repercussions is no better than the gov't acting without impunity.

I'm just sayin'...
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 04:04 AM

By the same token... due to his traiterous actions.. I now know for sure the government is watching my activity.
Am I naive enough to think they only use it for the bad guys? No.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 04:11 AM

Putin to the rescue as usual. F--k Obama he says again.Snowden wins out.
Posted by: DLC

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 05:15 AM

Well I have a pressure cooker, have had since the 1970's ! BUT NSA, I don't own a backpack !
Should I worry ?? wink

I only use it to cook beans and chili !! grin
Posted by: steveg

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 07:07 AM

IMHO, it only confirms what I've just assumed for a long time. Do I like it? No. Do I fear it? No again. Because after all is said and done, it is a/b the bad guys.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
IMHO, it only confirms what I've just assumed for a long time. Do I like it? No. Do I fear it? No again. Because after all is said and done, it is a/b the bad guys.

Unfortunately, the definition of who is a "bad guy" can easily change to suit the needs of whoever is in power at the moment. The trouble with all of this technology married with the authority to use it with pretty much zero transparency is that it puts in place the means by which an Executive so inclined could unilaterally change the very nature of our democracy. A case can be made that this is already happening.

It again comes down to: how many of our freedoms are we willing to sacrifice in the name of protecting our freedom?
Posted by: garyW

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 11:12 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, the definition of who is a "bad guy" can easily change to suit the needs ...

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Well I have a pressure cooker, have had since the 1970's ! BUT NSA, I don't own a backpack !
Should I worry ?? wink

That's a WMD for sure. grin
Posted by: MrB

Re: New NSA leak - 08/02/13 05:38 PM

One persons "terrorist " is another persons freedom fighter or "patriots"

I still have this phrase that GW Bush uttered. Something to the effect " Freedom loving Americans will welcome our ability to eves drop on terrorist Internet activity. " crazy

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: New NSA leak - 08/03/13 04:18 AM

The way this country is so on the alert all the time who knows what is next on their agenda meaning the NSA.

Re: New NSA leak - 08/03/13 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Originally Posted By: DLC
Should I worry ?? wink

That's a WMD for sure. grin

specially when I throw in the booster ingredient - - jalapeños !! eek

laugh

Posted by: AusMac

Re: New NSA leak - 08/03/13 07:42 AM

You should see India's version of the NSA.
Posted by: MrB

Re: New NSA leak - 08/03/13 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: AusMac

I love the hell outa this!

Dave

Re: New NSA leak - 08/03/13 01:38 PM

LOL Though I mainly support BO (not on this issue though), this IS FUNNY !!

Re: New NSA leak - 08/03/13 05:09 PM

I will be sharing that one, with friends on both sides of the political spectrum.
Posted by: AusMac

Re: New NSA leak - 08/04/13 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
I will be sharing that one, with friends on both sides of the political spectrum.

Bon appetite. wink
Posted by: Celandine

Re: New NSA leak - 08/04/13 09:46 AM

Bon appetite. wink

Ah... our intreptid backyard wildlife photog strikes again!

laugh I'd recognize your Bearded Dragon
...and the organic mulch...
...but the Pizza Box threw me ...at first wink

WOW! The box really puts him in SCALE