Being black

Posted by: yoyo52

Being black - 07/04/13 12:27 PM

La Var tells it.

We used to have an African American dean, very tall, very thin, very distinguished, whose car broke down once in PA as he was driving down to DC. It was not, not, not a happy experience for him and his wife that day.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Being black - 07/04/13 02:46 PM

Very well said.

One must be careful but some , because of their own situation , must take exceptional steps.

Though I'm not black, I am very polite during a trafic stop. I turn on the overhead lights so the officer can see inside. I put both my hands on the top of the steering wheel in the 10:00 and 2:00 position. I don't reach for my wallet until the officer ask me then I tell him wherein is and that I'm reaching for it.

Window down.

If I were black or any non white, I would be more careful.

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Being black - 07/07/13 04:49 AM

There is unfortunately racism in the states until today.These are the narrow minded who will never give in to the prosperity the Blacks made today and other minorities also.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Being black - 07/07/13 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
There is unfortunately racism in the states until today.These are the narrow minded who will never give in to the prosperity the Blacks made today and other minorities also.

Racism in the Philippines

Racism still alive in the Philippines

Posted by: MrB

Re: Being black - 07/07/13 04:34 PM

I think their is racism in most country's which have more than one ethnic group. Also I discount those that think only one ethnic group can be racist and that it doesn't work both ways.

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Being black - 07/09/13 05:02 AM

There racism is mainly against mostly foreigners here especially Americans . I see it quite a bit.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Being black - 07/11/13 03:19 PM

And yet, the people who perpetrate these behaviors toward people of color still claim that there is no racism in this country. crazy