Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped

Posted by: garyW

Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 10:08 AM

Excellent commentary by Bob Cesca: http://thedailybanter.com/2013/07/snowde...e-assassinated/ . Snowden continues to show unfiltered martyr-fueled narcissism . always making the story about himself while claiming it's not about him, it's Obama's authoritarian government hiding the truth, and only he can be our hero. laugh

Snowden's also showing his Ron Paul-inspired paranoia, while Greenwald continues to be an @sshat pulling Snowden's strings.

The saga continues.

Posted by: MrB

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 11:07 AM

It's crazy. We want the government to protect us from terrorists, but then we complain when it looks into our own private affairs.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 12:01 PM

Two words: Book. Deal. smirk
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 12:24 PM

I agree that Snowden (and Assange even more so) rubs me the wrong way. But the whole spying on everyone routine rubs me the wrong way yet more.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 01:39 PM

Well it's a fine line Dave and that's why we have the Courts and FISA, although FISA has been abused in recent years. Do too much and it's like a "Police State", don't do enough and you could get a repeat of 911 or Oklahoma City, etc ! eek

I like the Courts overseeing and strict adherence to FISA laws.

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 06:28 PM

Yep.

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 06:33 PM

I have republican family who think if a person is not doing any mischief, he shouldn't care if the government is spying on him.

So it was okay when Bush was doing it, but now that Obama is doing it , it's "impeach the bum" crazy

Dave

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 06:48 PM

That sums up the whole F-ing GOP for the last 5 years on about EVERY issue (not just this one) !!
Sorry - it's so juvenile and arrogant !
1. Bush spends like drunken sailor- paid for NOTHING ! Now it's we have to spend less !! Cut, cut, cut !! (while we were in a severe repression!) To HeLL with those that lost everything !!
2. We have a snafu in Benghazi - lose an ambassador- "Impeach BO and fire Hillary !!" Never mind there were 12 diplomats killed under Bush and we suffered 911 killing 3000 civilians and more wasted on a war of choice under W !!
F-ing 3 yr old morons !! I hope they keep it up and their whole party DIES !! (becomes extinct not dead)

I can't too talk much my Rep is Louie Gomert (about as nuts as Bachmann, Palin, and Angle )
I call him Gomert Pyle !! wink

Posted by: bird

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/02/13 11:39 PM

Quote:
I hope they keep it up and their whole party DIES !! (becomes extinct not dead)

Yep yep, the GOP is suffering from a virus, there are 10 signs if one is infected wink
I give you, # 6
Republicans believe that while John McCain wasn't a true-blue Republican, he would have been an adequate placeholder for their real candidate, Sarah Palin. Had McCain been elected, it would have only been a matter of time before Palin occupied the Oval Office. But McCain/Palin were cheated: Barack Obama wasn't eligible to run for office because he wasn't born in the US; the liberal media duped a majority of Americans into believing that Obama was an American, a nice guy with a populist agenda; and real Americans - Republicans -- were intimidated by Obama's coalition of leftists, homosexuals, Jews, Negroes, and "the people our parents warned us about." cool laugh
the other 9 I'm sure your more then aware of lol!! Who knows in the line of work your in there might be a nobel prize in your future, start working on a vacine !!! You might get your wish Dave about the partty becoming extinct, so far there isn' t a vacine to cure
Republican disease
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/03/13 03:02 AM

"It's crazy. We want the government to protect us from terrorists, but then we complain when it looks into our own private affairs."

I can see that argument, but it has also come out that the US was blatantly spying on it's allies in Europe. If you are going to do something that egregious, you had better be very very careful. It has and will hurt us with our allies.

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/03/13 07:42 AM

Yep, and the documents Snowden released on the spying of our European allies were dated 2006 and 2007 (blame Obama!). As Obama said the other day in response to this, if he wants to know what's going on with these governments he picks up the phone and talks to their leaders.

Are we really supposed to feel outrage that the NSA and CIA spy on foreign countries? Needless to say, Snowden and Greenwald seem mostly intent on creating this kind of situation. Paulbots everywhere can celebrate, Rand Paul is securing his GOP 2016 nomination.

So, are we now going to war with Bolivia? Maybe Snowden & Greenwald will want to fire up tension with North Korea sometime soon . that will keep them in the news. Who knows, maybe they'll even try to derail Syria negotions or turn all of Egypt against us too?

Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/03/13 08:52 AM

It has been going on since the beginning of time and, suddenly, people are going OMG over it like it's some new revelation. crazy

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/03/13 09:06 AM

Paulbots have taken over the voice of the progressive left, and as far as Greenwald's ideology and motives . mission accomplished.

Seems that after detroying the economy, wrecking the recovery didn't go as planned, so this is what the libertarians and rightwing have now to really stick it Obama. Sure, let's turn the world against the US and screw trade and foreign relations with all superpowers, screw security and let's be sure there's another good terrorist attack, maybe even a few wars will break out so they can hang that on Obama's legacy too along with the whole of 2001-2009 Bush administration/NSA deeds.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/03/13 09:08 PM

"2006 and 2007"

I didn't know that the European spying allegations are from before Obama's administration.

Re: Snowden: many more sharks still to be jumped - 07/04/13 08:41 AM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
"2006 and 2007"

I didn't know that the European spying allegations are from before Obama's administration.

Are you kiddin ? "We have to spy on them over there so we won't have to spy on them over here !! "
(that way we can target just citizens!) whistle