Another ramification of Global Warming

Posted by: DLC

Another ramification of Global Warming - 06/30/13 09:33 AM

I've seen several articles lately about new more aggressive species of mosquitoes. The Tiger mosquito is one. And it feeds all day long not just at dawn and dust like the local varieties. Warmer weather and milder winters exacerbates the mosquito problem. In 2010 we had ~ 712 cases of W. Nile virus, in 2012 we had over 7,000 because of the much milder winter.

Now here's what concerns me... the CDC was founded in 1946 to control malaria in the SE USA... southern GA, FL, and along the Gulf coast. Because of pesticides and the climate - they were able to eradicate malaria in the US. So was Yellow Fever in the early 1900s - the last epidemic was in New Orleans in 1905! With the climate warming and new varieties of mosquitos moving in, is another fall out of Global warming the resurgence of malaria, Yellow fever and several types of viral encephalitis (like WNV) in the US ?? eek
If that happens it could be very costly !! (not just in lives)
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 06/30/13 03:55 PM

That's just the 'skeeters...

they failed to mention Lyme disease carrying Ticks
that are spreading country wide due to the Winter
temperatures not falling below the threshold at
which they would normally have died,

and still doesn't take into account Crop & Forest
killing insects that are spreading at a rate of acres
per day.

NO PROBLEM!

"SPRAY'EM ALL
...and let God sort them out." cry

except that we're also killing off The Pollinators. eek

Wait 'til you see what THAT does
to the Price of Rice In China!

...and India...and The Former USSR, and The USofA laugh

There's a point at which
you have to laugh to keep from crying
and see things in a George Carlin sort of way.

"We Fukt-Up! Now Sit Back & Enjoy The Show!"

for those of you with GrandKids...
"Sorry 'bout'Dat" wink

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 06/30/13 07:24 PM

Love Carlin - that was ONE smart Hippie dippie weatherman !! wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 07/01/13 07:17 AM

Now Dave, close your eyes and click your heels together while chanting, "There is no global warming! There is no global warming! There is no global warming!"

Feel better now?

wink

whistle

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 07/01/13 11:24 AM

LOL

Begone! . . you old wicked Wizard !! laugh

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 07/05/13 03:57 AM

the George Carlin view of the on-going/up-coming situation:

Carlin openly communicated in his shows and in his interviews that his purpose for existence was entertainment, that he was "here for the show." He professed a hearty schadenfreude in watching the rich spectrum of humanity slowly self-destruct, in his estimation, of its own design, saying, "When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front-row seat."

"I look at it this way... For centuries now, man has done everything he can to destroy, defile, and interfere with nature: clear-cutting forests, strip-mining mountains, poisoning the atmosphere, over-fishing the oceans, polluting the rivers and lakes, destroying wetlands and aquifers... so when nature strikes back, and smacks him on the head and kicks him in the nuts, I enjoy that. I have absolutely no sympathy for human beings whatsoever. None. And no matter what kind of problem humans are facing, whether it's natural or man-made, I always hope it gets worse."

"Entropy Fan"

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 07/05/13 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: DLC
I've seen several articles lately about new more aggressive species of mosquitoes. The Tiger mosquito is one. And it feeds all day long not just at dawn and dust like the local varieties. Warmer weather and milder winters exacerbates the mosquito problem. In 2010 we had ~ 712 cases of W. Nile virus, in 2012 we had over 7,000 because of the much milder winter.
<snippet>

As I said;
you'd think SPRAYING would be the Answer
HOWEVER, the REAL "Ramification" is just that!

"THEY"'re "High-Spraying" this stuff all over the US Now, and you were never consulted, or alerted, about it in order to try taking any sort of precautions. You have no choice in the matter.

Information Sheet: Malathion and Mosquito Control

Malathion

Organophosphate

Back to why I said;
"one has to just laugh to keep from crying"

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 07/05/13 09:42 AM

Hot enough for ya'?

Re: Another ramification of Global Warming - 07/05/13 04:25 PM

Yep last week was murder but this week it's dropped about 10 F. smile