Paula Deen - WTF ??

Posted by: DLC

Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/21/13 07:17 PM

Read HERE !! and HERE 2 !

Used the N word - last time in 1986 (to my understanding) !! Food Network drops her 3 shows !

How far back can we go to nail someone? This isn't murder. YES it's bad, but Jeesus anyone who grew up in the 50s and 60 probably used that word once or twice in their lifetimes !! It's NOT like she said it recently or even this month ... that was 27 years ago !!

Does this treatment / reaction seem excessive ?? (or is it me?) Maybe it has more to do with the lawsuit itself ... but the lady suing her and her brother wrote a glowing letter to her 3 months before she quit ! WTF is with that ??

ANyone have any new information ?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/21/13 11:08 PM

She's using a bank robbery t explain away one incidence of using the word, but there were other times.
The allegations are for employment within the last decade.

http://www.loop21.com/life/paula-deen-racist-plantation-style-wedding

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/06/paula-deen-racial.php
Posted by: steveg

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/22/13 02:57 AM

It may have been over the top. Personally, the woman always struck me as an irritating PIA anyway. My X used to watch her shows, and sometimes I could hear it in the background and thought Why doesn't someone stuff a load of laundry in her mouth? That said, this seems like a good demonstration of Two wrongs don't make a right.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/22/13 04:32 AM

That is a no no on the air today especially with Obama as president.

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/22/13 05:08 AM

It's a "no no" period. Today or ever. On the air. On the street. On the phone. On the toilet... And what difference does it make who is POTUS? Are there acceptable situations for the use of kike, chink, spic, retard, et al?

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/22/13 01:08 PM

Well maybe there's more to it than first revealed ! blush

I wasn't aware of the recent stuff, someone told me she admitted to saying the slur back in 1986.. guess that wasn't totally accurate.

Steve- yea PD was jut too "goody" and "southern" for me too. I have eaten at Uncle Bubba's and their smoked oysters are to die for. My wife doesn't normally like oysters but loved the smoked ones !

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/24/13 03:48 AM

Why do you downgrade every remark i post here? It makes a big difference who is president Steve when especially he is a African American president which is the first in our country.

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/24/13 04:00 AM

A racial slur is a racial slur is a racial slur. Wrong is wrong. Who is POTUS makes no difference. With logic like yours, I don't need to downgrade what you say. You're already starting at the bottom of the curve.
Posted by: Nana

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/24/13 11:53 AM

Full deposition for those who are interested.

Thank me later... whistle
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/24/13 02:30 PM

Later. wink
Posted by: Nana

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/24/13 04:16 PM

More trouble for Paula Deen: the celebrity chef has been dropped by Smithfield Foods, the global pork producing company.

Full Story

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/25/13 03:24 AM

I really thought you were a decent person with some of your remarks but now I am seeing who i am dealing with really. A pompous person who is in plain words a wise ass!

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/25/13 05:21 AM

Most people get that early on. I am an unabashed and unapologetic ball-buster. And if I'm gonna make an ass of myself, I'd rather be the wise one than the dumb one. Deal with it.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/25/13 06:48 AM

I'm gonna side with Steve on this one. Obama being POTUS should have nil impact on using the N word ... or anything else like it.
That's akin to being at a party and saying.. "Hey guys, we better watch what we say... there's 3 black people here tonight".

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/26/13 03:48 AM

Your own kind pathetic.

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 06/26/13 04:14 AM

Whatever, Marv...
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 07/11/13 02:11 PM

The N word was a no no when I was a kid (though some people said it simply for it's shock value). But then again, Iowa at that time, and until very recently, "was as white as the driven snow" as one political commentator said as he marveled at Obama's victory there. Even if you wanted to use the word there was no one to direct it at.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 07/11/13 02:12 PM

I had never heard of Paula Deen until all this N word stuff came up. On a short peruse of articles, it seems like her business partner brother is/was the real problem.

Re: Paula Deen - WTF ?? - 07/11/13 08:00 PM

That'd be her brother !

Her usage of the word came out in court when she was asked under oath if she every used the word. She told the truth ! A lady who once worked for them was suing their company (Uncle Bubba's in Savannah, GA) over abuse and use of abusive language with employees at the restaurant... I think you're right her brother was more of a culprit than she, BUT she's his partner and so she gets sued too !