Hillary, 2016?

Posted by: steveg

Hillary, 2016? - 06/16/13 08:43 AM

Awesome person. Gotta wonder, though, if she can do more for the country and the world by staying out of the WH. As anxious as I am to see the first woman POTUS, would the Presidency and the attendant perpetual politics actually dilute her influence? A good example of that is the man she shares the toothbrush rack with.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/16/13 10:49 AM

________
SURE! grin

I'm up for Another 8 YEARS of Gridlock

________

...waddabout U?

Posted by: DLC

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/16/13 01:36 PM

I really, really hope she runs. Who are the Ds going to put up? Biden ? I think he'd be another Kerry. I also think it's LONG overdue to have a woman President and she's the front runner there hands down, in fact she's the front runner hands down against any other D !!
Tons of experience (FLOTUS, Senator, & Sec State), extremely sharp lady, and a great humanitarian. What else could you want ? grin

Besides she already has 8 years experience doing it - 1993-2001 ! whistle
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 03:38 AM

I do not think Hillary will run in 2016.She is tired and needs a good rest from politics period.Perhaps she will write her biography eventually. Time will tell.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: musicalmarv7
I do not think Hillary will run in 2016.She is tired and needs a good rest from politics period.Perhaps she will write her biography eventually. Time will tell.

I think you are believing what the papers write.. that she is tired and retiring from her position.
Hillary is driven. If there's a chance to be the first female president... she will be all over it.
I think she is taking a couple of years off, to rest, get her game plan together... and then run for POTUS.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 05:14 AM

+1

Timing is Everything
and her time is NOW
(or will be in 2016)

edit:
it's just a pity that the rest of us
are going to have to sit through the
same load of sorry horse manure they
dumped on the First Black POTUS.

Just not looking forward to that round
of wheel-spinning-in-mud bull-puckey.

given the opportunity to really move
forward, and advance as a thoughtful
nation has become nothing if not a
study in almost total frustration.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 08:50 AM

I TOTALLY agree... I think that's why she stepped down as SecState. To re-energize !
And most agree if she doesn't run in 2016, she'll never run (too old). So I think it's almost a slam dunk ! The righties fear this more than they do BO !
IF we're really lucky, she'll have a Dem House then too !! wink
If so, I really hopes she tweaks ACA !!

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 12:14 PM

+1

3 outta' 3

IMO if she runs (and she will)
she'll win, (otherwise we'll
be stuck with "Pres. Soprano") crazy

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 01:31 PM

Dave, I agree with you on almost every point. But unless we take back the House and hold on to the Senate (or gain a 60-vote edge), Hillary will be Obama's third term. More policy-starving obstruction. More Repugnican insanity. I'm just sayin' she could accomplish more as a private citizen than a hobbled POTUS if Congress doesn't undergo a sea change.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 02:16 PM

I agree but we won't know if we have a Dem House and >60 seat Senate until the smoke clears from the 2016 election. Then it's too late for her to decide to run. IF she did win with a D House and had <60 in the Senate, I hope they'd just declare the Nuke option and be done with it !! Yes I'd be "crossing the Rubicon", but better than staying in purgatory !! wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 04:21 PM

Let's give her that edge in 2014, then.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Let's give her that edge in 2014, then.

Great Idea !! wink

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/17/13 06:54 PM

I'm doing my part... smile

NJ just held their State Primary
me & mine voted the straight "D"
and will once again in November.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/18/13 03:20 AM

Hopefully you are right. She would be a great leader and lead the country to have more improvement than what is happening now.Regarding the economy, infrastructure, and a great woman's advocate around the globe.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/18/13 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Hillary will be Obama's third term. More policy-starving obstruction. More Repugnican insanity. I'm just sayin' she could accomplish more as a private citizen than a hobbled POTUS if Congress doesn't undergo a sea change.

I agree. Politics is so mucked up, and it will never go back to the old way of talking, discussing, giving/receiving, getting things done. A new era is down the road and something new will evolve. The Republicans say if the Immigration Bill passes, there will be no more Republicans because all immigrants are Democrats!! wink I don't believe that but wonder what ways US Congress will reform to get things done.

Hillary has a nice historical reputation. She doesn't need to be president and the whipping boy girl for Republicbaggers! She can still make more marks in the U.S. / World that will give her pleasure and make us proud.

However! However! I she still has a desire to break the woman for president glass ceiling -- I'm behind her 150%.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/18/13 03:20 PM

I'm down with that. I would totally support her if she chooses to kick Repugnican ass into next Wednesday run. grin

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/18/13 04:24 PM

Quote:
Hillary will be Obama's third term. More policy-starving obstruction. More Repugnican insanity.

The only way to break that cycle will be if the Next POTUS is a Republican.
The hell with that.
Unless... and I say this with great caution... if the Dem is a total bust and the other choice is Christie.. I may vote for him. But that's the only GOP I see on the horizon who isn't completely crazy or mired in old time religion.

Edit: (key word in last sentence is "mired" )
I don't have a problem with religion, in general.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/18/13 08:20 PM

I understand your sentiment, but I could never support any Republican, even moderate Christie because it would be a green light for the right wing "Crazies". You think he or any other moderate could control those rabid dogs ? eek

No way, not going down that BS road again !! mad
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/18/13 08:34 PM

Quote:
However! However! I she still has a desire to break the woman for president glass ceiling -- I'm behind her 150%.

I'm on the same train as you Kate.
Wish we could meet in the bar car.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/18/13 10:41 PM

Quote:
I understand your sentiment, but I could never support any Republican, even moderate Christie because it would be a green light for the right wing "Crazies". You think he or any other moderate could control those rabid dogs ? eek

There is something about Christie that is likable. I can't put my finger on anything at the moment. Surely not his smart-arse way of talking. He is rude and crude sometimes. And you call him a Moderate? I sure would not. Have you read of the things he has done in New Jersey?

I think he might be able to win a presidency. But, all the Teabaggers would have to die and go to hello first. I don't think they like him. He is too friendly with the enemy! wink

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/19/13 03:25 AM

Do you think Jeb Bush has got any chance to win this if he runs against Hillary?

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/19/13 05:53 AM

Do you think molasses can flow uphill in December?

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/19/13 07:45 AM

LOL !! laugh

NO WAY the GOP would nominate Jeb Bush ! Too moderate ! and even if they did, Hillary would eat his lunch ! He'd be like bringing a pea-shooter to a gun fight ! (would have said a knife but that gives him too much credit).

Kate - Christie looks moderate compared to the Grahams, Ryans, Boehners, Bachmans, and Pauls. I should have qualified my remark ! Doesn't change my position- I couldn't support ANY Republican for POTUS - PERIOD !! wink

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/21/13 03:16 AM

I guess Jeb Bush is no real candidate against Hillary only maybe CC might be if he decides to run.Forget Biden there is no contest there at all.

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/21/13 03:46 AM

They're already gearing up to stop her.

STOP Hillary 2016

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/06/20/lead-stop-hillary.cnn.html

http://www.AmericaRisingPAC.org/

http://americarising.tumblr.com/

Re: Hillary, 2016? - 06/21/13 05:08 AM

I knew they are scared shtless about her running !
What a bunch of crack head losers !! mad

I hope it just inspires and fires her up and her base !!