Atrocious

Posted by: Leslie

Atrocious - 06/13/13 12:29 PM

and disgusting
Such an upstanding religious institution-NOT!

And the commercial preceding it, how ironic.
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Atrocious - 06/16/13 03:40 AM

This is not fair for this teacher at all. That is how sympathetic the church is to her I see being with her school.These parents are selfish and only care about their kids and themselves and no one else.I pity her when her ex husband gets out of prison soon and her kids also.No justice at all.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Atrocious - 06/16/13 06:00 AM

This is a tough one for sure. As a parent (though I no longer have school-age kids), I can understand the concern for the safety of the students and faculty and yes, Marv, any parent would put their own kids' well-being ahead of others. That said, many diocese hold policies that often include misogynistic attitudes, thereby putting women btwn a rock and a hard place on domestic.marital issues, and causing me to have a more cynical view of the school's decision.

Frankly, I fault the criminal justice system in this case. Chronic abusers like this should be taken totally off the societal grid and institutionalized be it penal or mental health for a minimum of five years. That alone would result in a more effective support system for victims of abuse and mitigate the risk to those within the victim's personal universe.
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Atrocious - 06/16/13 11:03 AM

I agree.

but it IS a tough call

on one hand it's a good thing
that people can't be prosecuted
for crimes they've yet to commit

...but then there's cases like THIS.